Halwa is Indian pudding made with sugar, milk and ghee. This time i tried halwa with apples. From the regular apple milkshake and apple juice, Apple Halwa it a different try. The cinnamon powder adds the extra flavor to apple. Apple and cinnamon always go well together. A sweet recipe made of fiber-rich apples, this fruity delight is truly irresistible. Here goes the recipe…
Checkout other Halwa Recipes available in this space.
Apple Halwa is a simple and delightful dessert.
- 3 Apples
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 3 Tablespoon Ghee
- 20 Cashews
Peel the apples. Grate them .
Heat ghee in a wok. Add in the cashews and roast them until golden brown. Remove them from ghee and set aside.
In the same ghee add in the grated apple. Saute for few minutes.
When the apple is sauted well add in the sugar and keep stirring. Now the mixture gets watery. Keep stirring.
Add in Vanilla Extract and Cinnamon powder. Mix gently. Keep cooking until the mixture reaches the halwa consistency.
Add in the roasted nuts mix them gently. Switch off the flame.
Step by step photos on how to make Apple Halwa:
- Remove the skin of apple. Grate the apple.
2. Heat ghee in a wok. Add in cashews and roast them until golden brown. Remove them from ghee and set it aside.
3. Add in grated apple into the same ghee and saute it. When the apple is sauted well add in the sugar.
4. When the sugar is added the mixture becomes watery. Saute for few minutes, Add in cinnamon Powder and Vanilla extract. Mix gently.
5. Keep cooking until the mixture gets halwa consistency. Switch off the flame add in the roasted nuts.
Delicious halwa is now ready to serve.