Beetroot Vada / Beetroot Lentil Fritters are deep fried snacks. There are many different Varieties of Vada recipe available in my space. Check them out here. Addition of beetroot to this recipe has a special taste favor. This vada has a slight sweet taste due to the addition of beetroots. It is a very nice tea time snack. It can be served as a side dish with Curd rice or rasam rice.
Beetroot Vada / Beetroot Lentil Fritters is a healthy and tasty snack.
- 1/2 Cup Toor Dal
- 1/2 Cup Channa Dal
- 1 Cup Beetroot Grated
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Grated
- 1/4 Cup Onion Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Coriander Leaves Chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Fennel Seeds
- 3 Green Chilli
- oil for deep frying
Wash and soak the channal dal and toor dal for 2 hours. After 2 hours drain the excess water and add them into a blender.
Add in Green Chilli and grated coconut. Blend them into a coarse paste and transfer it into a mixing bowl.
Add in Beetroot, Onion, Fennel seeds, Coriander leaves and salt to taste.
Mix them well. Take a small ball of batter. Flatten it in your palm and make small patties.
Heat the oil for deep frying. When the oil is hot enough drop in the patties carefully one by one and deep fry them.
Leave them in an absorbant paper for the excess oil to be absorbed.
Yumm patties are now ready to be served.
- The number of vadas completely depends on the size of the vada.
- Do not make the patties thick in the center or it would not cook properly.
- While making batter do not add water at all. Or while makeing patties and deep frying it would absorb more oil.
- If the mixture gets watery add in 2 tablespoon of rice flour to make it thick.
Step by step photos on how to make Beetroot Vada / Beetrool Lentil Fritters:
- Soak Channa Dal and Toor Dal in water for 2 hours. After 2 hrs drain the excess water and add them into a blender.
2. Add in green Chilli and Grated coconut.
3. Blend them into a coarse paste and transfer it into a mixing bowl. Add in chopped onion.
4. Add in grated beetroot and fennel seeds.
5. Add in Coriander Leaves and salt to taste.
6. Mix all the ingredients together. Make small paties from the batter.
7. Heat a tawa add in hot oil and heat it. when the oil is hot enough add in the patties one by one carefully into the hot oil and deep fry them in medium low flame.
8. When the bubbles have now redyced we know that the vada is ready. Take them out of the oil and leave it in an absorbant paper for the excess oil to be absorbed.
Healty and tasty snacks are now ready to serve.