[ Ladys finger masala, Bhindi Masala ]
Bhindi Masala Recipe
|Prep time: 10 Min||| Cook time: 30 min||| Total time: 40 min|
|Recipe type: Main Course||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 3|
Ladys finger – 250 gms
Tomato – 2 big
Onion – 1
Cashews – 6
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 teaspoon
Curd/Yogurt – 4 tablespoon
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Garam Masala – 1/2 teaspoon
Fennel Seeds – 1 teaspoon
Jeera – 1 teaspoon
Oil – 1 tablespoon
Step by Step Photos on how to make Bhindi Masala:
- Wash Ladys finger well and wipe it dry. Chop ladys finger into 2cm sized pieces.
- Heat oil in a frying Pan. Add the chopped ladys finger pieces and salt and cook them soft. Keep stirring them then and there or the ladys finger might get burnt.
- Heat Oil in a Frying pan. Add jeera and Fennel seeds and allow them to splutter.
- Add onion and roast it until it becomes glossy.
- Add ginger garlic paste and cook until nice aroma of ginger garlic comes out. Keep stirring as the ginger garlic has the sticky tendency.
- Puree tomatoes in a blender and add the tomato paste. Cook until the tomato paste blends well.
- Add the Chilli powder, Garam Masala Powder and turmeric powder and cook until the raw smell of the masala leaves.
- At this stage add curd/Yogurt. Grind cashews in a blender and add them.
- Mix it well and cook in low flame for 3 minutes.
- Add the roasted bhindi into the gravy mixture. Cook for 3 minutes in low flame. Bhindi masala is now ready to serve.
- Before chopping the ladys finger wash them and wipe it dry. Or it gets the paste consistency.
- While frying ladys finger take care that the ladys finger is not burnt.
Bindi masala goes very well with Rotis.