Cababge Bonda / MuttaiKose Bonda is a spicy tea time snack. Wanna turn cabbage into an interesting snack? Yes the Cabbage bonda is a good option. A Cup of Tea with Hot bondas are a great snack. It is filling too. Just mix in some ingredients and the bonds are ready. Checkout other Hot drinks recipes to be paired up with Cabbage bonda.
Cababge Bonda / MuttaiKose Bonda
Cababge Bonda / MuttaiKose Bonda is a yummy and crunchy snack.
Servings: 12 Bondas
- Oil for Deep Frying
- 1 Cup Cabbage Shredded
- 1 Onion Sliced
- ½ Cup Besan / Gram Flour
- 2 Tablespoon Rice Flour
- Salt to taste
- 1 Teaspoon Fennel Seeds
- ½ Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Chilli Powder
- While adding water add them little by little. Make them into a non sticky dough.
- While making balls for deep frying do not press them firm or the center portion would not cook well. Hence press them soft.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Cababge Bonda / MuttaiKose Bonda
- Add in shredded cabbage, sliced onion and curry leaves and mix them gently.
- Add in Gram flour, rice flour and mix them gently.
- Add in fennel seeds, chilli powder, salt and turmeric powder and mix them gently. Sprinkle water little by little. mix them until they roll up to a non sticky dough.
- Heat oil for deep frying the bondas. When the oil is hot enough roll amla sized balls and drop them into oil carefully.
- Deep fry them in slow flame.
- Take them away from the oil.
- Drain the excess oil by placing them in absorbant papers. Serve them with a hot cup of tea.