Munching Candied walnuts and watching Paw Patrol is my little girlz favourite thing to do this summer holidays. Walnuts have a strong taste. Making them into candied walnuts adds some mild sweetness to the walnuts and hence it become favourites. All the magic of cane Sugar.
Candied Walnuts are healthy munchies
- 2 Cups Walnuts
- 1 Cup Cane Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
- ¼ Cup Water
- Mix sugar and Cinnamon powder.
- Start heating them.
- When they start melting add in water and gently stir them.
- Add in the walnuts and keep stirring until all the water disappears.
- The walnuts are now coated evenly. Yummy snacks now ready to serve.
- Cane Sugar can be replaced with honey as well. In that case water is not required.
- Walnuts can be chopped and added that gives more taste. For the sake of clicking photos i have not chopped them.
- We can also avoid adding water. But it takes more time and patience for the sugar to melt on its own.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Candied Walnuts
- Add in cinnamon powder and cane sugar in a wok. Mix them and start heating them.
- When the sugar starts melting add in water. Stir them continuously until the mixture become a liquid without any lumps.
- Add in walnuts and keep stirring until the water disappears and the walnuts are coated evenly.
- Yummy and healthy snack are now ready to serve.
Checkout Video Recipe here