Carrot Kheer / Carrot Payasam is a simple and easy dessert. Carrot and Milk are the main ingredients in this recipe. Carrot and milk goes well with each other, they blend with each other to give out an awesome taste to the kheer. When you have sudden guest carrot kheer is a handy recipe that can be made which is so easy and can be made in minutes, it tastes heavenly. Carrot is boiled and mashed roasted in ghee and blended with milk. It becomes extra flavorful with Cardamon powder. Added richness are the nuts and dry fruits added. Checkout other Payasam/Kheer Recipes available in this space.
Carrot Kheer / Carrot Payasam
- 1 Cup Carrot Chopped
- 500 Milliliter Milk Boiled
- ½ Teaspoon Cardamom Powder
- ½ Cup Sugar
- Water as required
- 2 Tablespoon Ghee
- Saffron a pinch
- 15 Cashews
- Wash and Clean the carrot well. Chop the Carrot. Add chopped carrot add enough water and cook until its 75% cooked. Do not add more water. Or the nutrients gets washed away in the water. Cook until the water disappears.
- If any water remains drain them and blend the carrot into a smooth past. Saute carrot in 1 tablespoon of ghee (I missed to click a pic in this step). Bring the milk to boil in a sauce pan.
- Add in the saute carrot into the milk. Cook until the milk and the Carrot blend well. Add in cardamom powder and sugar and cook them.
- Finally garnish with the roasted nuts. Delicious payasam in now ready to
- Any choice of nuts and dry fruits can be roasted in ghee and garnished at the end.
- For boiling carrot it can also be pressure cooked upto 3 whistles. I am not in favor of Pressure cooking as i feel the nutrients of the carrot are lost in pressure cooking. Hence i prefer open cooking in a pot like the way i have shared the recipe here.
- If pressure cooking Chopped carrot then cook only for 1 whistle.
Step by step photos:
Delicious Payasam is now ready to serve
Sharmie Jo says
Thanks for this Awesome recipe.. I jut tried it and it out pretty well..
Kudos and keep up the good work..