Raitha can add a special touch any indian meal. Paticularly when the meal is rich and spicy, raitha makes the meal more interesting. Carrot Raitha is simple and straightforward to make. This can also be had as a dipping or spread while making rolls. Carrot raith is a crunchy and colorful dish. It is prepared with mixing shredded carrots with yogurt and flavored with asafoetida and mustard seeds Tadka. The sweetness of carrot is very well balanced with sourness from the yogurt. It is a very easy to make and an interesting way to serve carrots. Its good to have raitas during summers as they are cooling as well as nutritous. Here goes the Recipe…
Carrot Raitha Recipe
|Prep time: 10 Min||| Yield / Serves: 2||| Taste: Tangy|
|Recipe type: Side Dish||| Cuisine: Indian|
Curd – 1 Cup
Carrot – 1/3 Cup
Salt – to taste
Oil – 1tsp
Mustard – 1 tsp
GreenChilli – 1
Asafoetida – a pinch
Step by Step Photos on how to make Carrot Raitha:
- Grate the Carrot and set aside. I feel grating carrot is the most suitable method for this recipe than chopping or slicing carrot.
- Beat the Curd well so that it get a even consistency. Add the grated carrot into the curd.
- Add Salt to taste. Mix them slowly until they blend well.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the ingredients under to tamper section. Add asefoetida after switching off the flame or it might burn.
- Add the tampered items into the Curd and Carrot Mixture.
- Carrot Raitha is now ready to serve.
- Do not add more salt as the raitha might become bitter.
Serve Carrot Raitha with any variety Rice/ Pulao /Briyani. It can also be used as a dip for rolls and rotis