Chicken Curry with Roasted Coconut
|Marination time: 10 Min||| Cook time: 20min||| Total time:30 Min|
|Recipe type: Side Dish||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 4|
Chicken – 500 grams
Lemon Juice- squeezed from half lemon
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tablespoon
Chilli Powder – 2 teaspoon
Turmeric Powder – 1 teaspoon
Salt to Taste
To Roast and Grind:
Fennel Seeds – 2 teaspoon
Black Pepper – 1 teaspoon
Bay Leaves – 1
Cinnamon – 1 inch stick
Cardamom – 3
Dry red Chillis- 3
Coconut – 1/4 Cup
Shallots – 8
Oil – 1 tablespoon
Onion – 1 big Chopped
Tomato – 1 big Chopped
Curry Leaves – 2 spring
Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
Step by Step Photos on how to make Chicken Curry with roasted Coconut :
- Add all the ingredients listed under To Marinate. Set the marinated chicken aside for atleast 30 Minutes
- Dry roast all the ingredients listed under to roast and grind. Roast the coconut separately. Not required to saute the onion. Add all the ingredients listed under to roast and grind into blender and blend them well. Add water only if your blender does not cooperate.
- In a frying pan heat oil. Add in Cumin seeds and allow to splutter. Add in onion and saute them. Add in Curry leaves and saute them.
- Add in chopped tomatoes and salt to taste and saute them until mushy. Add in the marinated chicken and saute them.
- Chicken releases some water. If not add only the required water. Do not add more water. When the chicken is cooked 90% add in the ground paste and cook until the oil seperates in the sides of the vessel. Add water as required . Finally garnish with Coriander or curry leaves. Chicken Curry is now ready to serve.
- Marination is the key step that brings in taste to the recipe.
- Curry leaves can also be replaced with coriander leaves.
- •Since we are dry roasting all the ingredients there is no need to dry roasting onion.
Chicken Curry with roasted coconut can be served with steamed rice and Chicken Fry. It also goes well with roti, idli dosa or even with bread slices .