Coconut Milk Chicken Roast is a yummy appetizer. It can be prepared easily to delight the guest at home on a weekend lunch. Chicken roast is prepared by marinating chicken in the spices as an initial step. This is the key step that brings in taste to the recipe. At the end roasted onion and curry leaves are added for the extra flavor. Coconut Milk is another key ingredient that brings in taste to the dish. Chicken Roast is an awesome appetizer. It can also be served as a side dish alongside rice or roti..
Coconut Milk chicken Roast is a yummy appetier
- 250 Grams Chicken Pieces
- 2 Tablespoon Vinegar
- 2 Cloves
- 1 Inch Cinnamon
- 1 Black Stone Flower
- 1 Bay Leaves
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper Optional
- 2 Teaspoon Fennel Seeds
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1 Cardamom
- 1 Cup Thin Coconut Milk
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tablespoon Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Mustard
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 Onion
- Curry Leaves Fistful
Add Bayleaves, Cinnamon Powder, Nutmeg Powder, Ginger Garlic Paste, Cloves, Chilli Powder, Black stoneflower, Fennel seeds, Cumin Powder, Turmeric powder, Cardamom, Coriander Powder, Salt and Vinegar into a blender and blend into a smooth paste.
Add the paste into the chicken and mix well. Leave it to marinate for 30 minutes.
Heat oil in a wok. Add in mustard and Cumin Seeds and allow them to splutter.
Add in Onion and Curry Leaves and Salt to taste.
Add in the chicken and keep cooking until the chicken is cooked tender.
Add in coconut milk and and keep cooking until the water evaporates.
Yummy Chicken roast is now ready to serve.
- You can increase/decrease the Marination Masala as per your personal preference.
- Vinegar can be replaced with Lemon Juice as well.
- Cinnamon powder can be replaced with inch cinnamon stick.
- If the blender does not cooperate add in limited water.
Step by step Photos on how to make Coconut Milk Chicken Roast:
- In a Blender add in Bay Leaf and Cinnamon Powder.
2. Add in Ginger Garlic Paste and cloves.
3. Add in Red Chilli Powder and Cumin Powder.
4. Add in Black Stone flower and Fennel seeds.
5. Add in Turmeric Powder, Nutmeg Powder and Cardamom.
6. Add in Coriander Powder and Vinegar.
7. Blend them into a smooth paste. Add them into a mixing bowl.
8.Add in the chicken. Add in salt to taste. Mix them so the masalas are mixed well with chicken. Let it marinate atleast 10 minutes.
9. Heat oil in a wok. Add in mustard.
10. Add in cumin seeds and allow them to splutter. Add in Onion and curry Leaves. Saute until onion gets glossy.
11. Add in the marinated chicken. Mix them. Let them cook until the chicken gets tender.
12. Add in coconut milk and cook until it blends well with the chicken.
13. When all the water has evaporated switch off the flame.
Coconut milk chicken roast is now ready to serve.