Chocolate Pancakes with Banana Walnut Sauce are Beautiful and Delicious Pancakes. They are a lavish weekend breakfast to enjoy. The Banana Walnut syrup makes it taste tasty interesting and healthy. These chocolate pancakes are perfect to indulge on a special Saturday morning. Filled with chocolate, they are more like dessert than breakfast. I actually wanted to add a chocolate sauce but thought of adding in some fruits and nuts and that is how ended in banana and walnut sauce. My little girl loves anything with Chocolate and so as her company enjoyed by my little niece too. These kiddos simply had a great time with their chocolate pancake and banana walnut sauce last sunday morning. Try these Chocolate Banana Pancake with Banana Walnut topping and treat yourself with a healthy delight.
Chocolate Pancake with Banana Walnut Sauce
A Delight ful and healthy breakfast to indulge in a special weekend.
For Chocolate Pancake
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- ¼ Cup Cocoa Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ⅓ Cup Melted Butter
- ½ Cup Thick Curd
- Required LukeWarm Water
For Banana Walnut Sauce
- 1 Medium Banana
- ⅓ Cup Walnuts
- ⅓ Cup Honey
- ¼ Cup Butter
For Chocolate Pancake
- Add in Whole Wheat flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Cocoa powder and mix them well.
- Add in Melted butter and thick curd in mixing bowl and mix them until smooth.
- Add the butter mixture into the wheat flour mixture. Stir them into a smooth paste. It must be a little runny so that it spreads itself when poured on a tawa or griddle. Add in required lukewarm water to get the consistency. Set this aside
- Heat a Iron tawa or griddle. Spoon in the pancake mixture. It spreads itself. Wait until it cooks well for 2 minute. Change sides wait for another 2 minutes.
- Now this pancake is ready. Spoon in all the batter and arrnage them.
For Banana Walnut sauce
- Slice the Bananas. Heat Butter in a wok. Add in banana slices and saute for 2 minutes. Add in Honey. Add in walnuts. Heat in medium flame for 2 minutes. Switch off the flame and allow them to cool down.
- Serve the Chocolate pancake with Banana Walnut topping. Simply delicious.
- Do not make the batter watery or it would not hold shape while poured on a pan.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Chocolate Pancakes with Banana Walnut Sauce
- Add Wheat flour and Cocoa power into a mixing bowl.
- Add in Baking Soda and Baking powder and mix them well. Add in Melted butter into another mixing bowl.
- Add in thick curd and mix them well.
- Add the butter mixture into the wheat flour mixture. Mix them until its creamy. Add in required lukewarm water. The consistency must be flowy so that it spreads itself slowly when spooned on to a tawa or griddle.
- Heat a Tawa or Griddle. Spoon in a scoop on the tawa. It spreads on its own, Cook for 2 minutes or until it is done. It releases the edges from the tawa when its cooked and is easy to flip.
- Cook on the other side as well. Spoon in the remaining batter as well.
- Wow hot and sweet Chocolate pancakes are ready to be sauced.
- Heat butter in a wok. Add in Banana Slices and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add in Honey walnuts and saute for another 2 minutes. Switch off the flame. allow them to cool down. The Banana walnut sauce is ready.
- This is my little girl's plate.
Enjoy the delicious Chocolate pancake with the healthy Banana and Walnut pancake.
What a delicious treat early morning ! The chocolate , banana walnut combo is a beautiful one , the pancake platter is super inviting .
I think the subtitles under ingredients need to be switched. The chocolate pancakes look perfect for a weekend breakfast.
Anlet Prince says
Thank You So much Varada for pointing this out. I have updated them.
Ritu Tangri says
Delicious breakfast and I liked the combo of ingredients used to make sauce..something new to me.
Mayuri Patel says
A very tempting breakfast treat. I love the banana walnut syrup.
Such a tempting dish. This one is awakening the kid in me. Yum yum
Gayathri Kumar says
Such an awesome idea for pancakes. My daughter loves any dish with chocolate and I am sure she will go crazy with these.
Such a delicious treat in the morning!!Looks scrumptious Ann,
Chef Mireille says
those look scrumptious - more like dessert than breakfast