Cottage Cheese Cookies are crunchy and soft tea time snacks.
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 1/2 Cup Scrambled Cottage Cheese / Paneer
- 1/3 Cup Jaggery Powder
- 3/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 Teaspoon Lemon Zest
Add in Whole Wheat flour, Baking Powder and Baking soda in a mixing bowl. Sift the mixture 2 or 3 times to remove any lumps from the mixture and to blend well.
Add in the jaggery powder and mix them gently. Add in Scrambled cottage cheese and mix them. Add in the vanilla extract and mix them gently.
Add in the Lemon Zest and mix them gently.
Add in the butter little by little and knead the flour into a smooth dough.
Flatten them in a smooth surface using a rolling pin. Choose your desired cookie cutter and shape them.
Preheat the oven at 180 deg C for 10 minutes. Get ready with the Baking tray. Place a parchment paper and grease them with butter. Arrange the shaped cookies.
Place them in the oven and bake for 30 minutes at 180 deg C. Or until the sides start darkening.
Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool down completely.
Remove the cookies from the baking tray slowly and serve them.
- The amount of butter and cottage cheese that I have added was enough for me to knead the flour into a smooth dough. If this mixture is still powdery add in luke warm water to make the dough.
- The baking time completely depends on the size of the cookies.
- The cookies get harder when they cool down. So do not overbake or they get harder.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Cottage Cheese Cookies / Paneer Cookies
- Add Whole wheat flour, Baking Powder and Baking Soda in a mixing bowl and sift the mixture 2 or 3 times so that they blend well.
- Add in the scrambled cottage cheese and mix them gently.
- Add in Vanilla extract and powdered jaggery and mix them gently.
- Add in butter gently and knead them little by little.
- Do not forget to add in the lemon zest I actually forgot and added it in between adding butter and kneading. Knead the dough into a strong and smooth dough. Flatten them using a rolling pin and cut using your favourite cookie cutter.
- Preheat the oven at 180 Deg C for 10 minutes. Get ready with the baking tray. Place a parchment paper. Grease with butter. Arrange the shaped cookies. Place them in the oven and bake for 30 minutes at 180 deg C or until the sides start darkening.
- Remove them from the oven and cool them down completely. Slowly remove them from the parchment paper and start muching :):):)
- In my home this was a hearty tea time snack for me and my little girl.