Drumstick Brinjal Gravy / Murungaikai Kathirikai Theeyal is a flavourful gravy that goes well with Steamed rice. It is a spicy and tangy gravy. The Flavour or Drumstick and Brinjal combines to form a tasty gravy. Potatoes can be added along. That again gives another new flavor and is a filling and nutritious gravy.
Drumstick Brinjal Gravy / Murungaikai Kathirikai Theeyal
Drumstick Brinjal Gravy / Murungaikai Kathirikai Theeyal is a yummy side dish with steamed Rice.
- 1 Drumstick Peeled and Chopped
- 2 Brinjal
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- ½ Teaspoon Mustard
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 5 Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Sambar Powder
- 2 Spring Garlic
- Salt to Taste
- Heat oil in a wok. Add in mustard and Cumin Seeds and allow them to splutter.
- Add in Onion and Curry Leaves and saute them until glossy.
- Add in Tomatoes and salt to taste and saute them until the tomatoes are mushy.
- Add water if the mixture is dry.
- Add in the chopped drumstick and Brinjal and saute them.
- Add Required water and close the wok and cook until the vegetables are cooked soft and the Masalas Blend well.
- Finally garnish with Chopped coriander Leaves. Switch off the flame.
- Tasty and Flavourful Gravy is now ready to serve.
- My tomatoes are very sour in taste so i omitted the addition of tamarind.
- If tamarind is added add it along with the veggies and cook them.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Drumstick Brinjal Gravy / Murungaikai Kathirikai Theeyal:
- Heat oil in a wok. Add in Cumin seeds and Fennel seeds and allow them to splutter.
- Add in onion and curry leaves and saute until glossy. Add in tomatoes and saute until mushy.
- Add in sambar powder and saute them.
- If the mixture gets too dry add in water and cook until the masalas blend well. Add in chopped Drumstick and Brinjal.
- Cook until the vegetables are cooked soft. Add in water and salt to taste.
- Close the wok and cook until the veggies are cooked well. Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Yummy Gravy is now ready to serve.