Home Style Chicken Masala is an easy and flavourful side dish recipe
- 3 Teaspoon Coriander Seeds
- 1.5 Teaspoon Fennel Seeds
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1.5 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- 3 Dry Red Chillis
- 250 Grams Chicken
- 1 Cup Water
- Required Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 2 Tablespoon Oil
- 2 Small Tomato
- 1.5 Onion Chopped
- fistful Curry Leaves
- 2 Tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
Dry roast all the ingredients mentioned under To roast and Grind. Cool down this mixture. Grind them into a fine powder.
Add in Chicken, water, Salt and turmeric powder in a pressure cooker. Pressure cook for 5 whistles in a medium flame. Switch off the flame and set aside until the pressure is down.
Heat oil in a wok. Add in mustard and allow them to splutter.
Add in onion and curry leaves and saute until glossy.
Add in tomato and salt and saute until mushy.
Add in ginger garlic paste and saute them.
Add in the chicken and the ground masala. Give a quick stir.
Add in few tablespoons of water and cook until the masalas blend well.
Garnish with coriander leaves and serve them hot.
- After Pressure cooking the chicken is drained from excess water and used in the recipe the excess water can be used for preparing chicken curry
- If you need more gravy adjust water quantity accordingly.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Home Style Chicken Masala
- Add in chicken, Water, Salt and turmeric powder into a pressure cooker. Pressure cook for 5 whistles in medium flame. Switch off the flame. Leave it aside until the pressure is down.
- Heat oil in a Wok and add in mustard and allow them to splutter. Add in onion and saute until glossy.
- Add in tomato and add in salt to taste. Saute until mushy.
- Add in Ginger Garlic paste and saute until nice aroma comes out. Add in curry leaves and saute them.
- Add in the pressure cooked chicken. Drain excess water if any. This water can be made use in preparing Chicken Curry.
- Dry roast all the ingredients mentioned under to roast and grind and add grind them into a fine powder. Add this powder into the chicken. Sprinkle few spoons of water. Mix them gently. Keep cooking until the mixture is cooked completely. If the mixture is dry add in few spoons of water. Cook until the masalas blends well.
- Yummy and flavourful Home Style chicken masala is now ready to serve.