Making strawberry jam at home is very simple. The recipe that i have shared here is one of the easiest recipe for preparing jam without using pectin. Pectin is generally used when jam is prepared in large quantities and stored throughout the year. An easy strawberry jam recipe without any preservatives. Just give it a go. You will know how strawberry - ish it is. I have chopped the fruit and then mashed it, If you want a junky jam you can omit this step. A few drops of lemon juice can be added, the Lemon Juice added perks up the taste of strawberry. Store the jam in sterlized glass jars in a refrigerator. This jam is spreadable and delicious. Here goes the recipe...
[ Strawberry Jam, Sweet ]
Homemade Strawberry Jam
|Prep time: 5 min;||| Cook time: 30 min||| Total time: 35 mins|
|Recipe type: Sweet||| Cuisine: International||| Yield / Serves: 4|
|Taste: Sweet and taste of Strawberry|
Strawberry - 1 Cup Chopped
Sugar - ⅓ Cup
Water - 1 and ½ Cup
Lemon juice - 1 teaspoon
Step by Step Photos on how to make Homemade Strawberry Jam :
- Chop Strawberries into small pieces. Add them in a sauce pan. Add water and start cooking them until the strawberry is cooked well.
- Puree this mixture if you want a fine textured jam. Start heating the mixture.
- Add the sugar and mix well until it dissolves. Add lemon juice. Keep stirring frequently so that the mixture is not burnt. Keep cooking until the mixture reaches the Jam consistency.
- Strawberry Jam is now ready to eat.
- Adding lemon juice enhances the flavor of strawberry.
- After puree the mixture cook in low flame and keep stirring frequently.
- The jam Preserved in refrigerator Keeps good upto 2 months.
Leave a Reply