Ginger Garlic paste is an essential item to keep Handy for Indian Cooking. Many recipes ask for Ginger Garlic Paste. It can be made and stored in an airtight container for weeks. It makes cooking quick and easy. Its a real time saver. It gives a pleasing aroma and has got many health benefits as well. Peeling the garlic is a time consuming job. So preparing homemade ginger garlic paste in advance on a weekend is really helpful on busy week days. Store the ginger garlic paste in clean and dry jars in refrigerator. It keeps good up to a month.
- 3/4 Cup Garlic Peeled
- 3/4 Cup Ginger Peeled and chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
Peel Garlic and set aside. Wash and clean ginger. Peel it and chop into small pieces.
Heat oil in a wok and add in garlic and ginger and saute them.
Add in salt and turmeric powder and saute them for 5 minutes.
Switch off the flame and allow it to cool down.
Add them into a blender and blend them into a smooth paste.
Transfer to a dry glass jar and store in the refrigerator.
- Make sure the container spoons and the blender does not have even a single drop of water. Else the paste might not last for long.
- Ginger garlic paste keeps good for a month in refrigerator.
- If your blender does not cooperate add a tablespoon of oil to blend into a smoothe
- I blended into a coarse paste as i like it that way.
- Chop ginger into the smaller pieces so it is sauted easily. Similary chop garlic if you are using big garlic. ( idea is garlic and ginger must of same size so they are sauted evenly)
Step by step photos on how to make Homemade Ginger Garlic Paste:
- Heat oil in a wok. Add in the peeled garlic.
2. Add in the Peeled and chopped ginger and saute them.
3. Add salt and Turmeric powder.
4. Saute in low flame for 5 minutes. Switch off the flame and cool down completely.
5. Add into a blender and blend into a paste.
Transfer into an airtight container and store in a refrigerator.