Jalapenos are medium sized chilli peppers. They are generally used in dishes to enhance the flavour. Jalapenos are low in Calories and are ideal for weight loss. It is also said to boost the immunity. Jalapeno Chutney is one of the best ways to use jalapenos into diet. Jalapenos are spicy in taste. Tomatoes are added so that it adds in some tangy taste plus reduces the spice taste. To Checkout other Chutney Recipes click here.
Jalapeno Chutney is a healthy and spicy Chutney.
- 1 Big Tomato
- 6 Jalapenos
- Required Salt
- 1 teaspoon Oil
- 2 Teapoon Oil
- ½ Teaspoon Mustard
- 1 Teaspoon Urad Dal
- 1 Spring Curry Leaves.
- 1 Dry Red Chilli
- Cut the Jalapeno Pepper into half and discard the seeds present in the central white placenta portion of the peppers.
- Heat oil in a wok. Add in Jalapeno and tomatoes with required salt and saute them until they are cooked well.
- Cool them down this mixture and blend them into a smooth paste.
- For tampering mixture add in oil and add in mustard, urad dal. Saute until they splutter. Add in curry leaves and dry red chillis. Add the tampering mixture on top of the chutney.
- Jalapeno Peppers that appear the greenest and firm on the outer layer.
- Make sure that the peppers don’t have any dents or are soft to touch in any part and avoid buying if they do.
- Avoid buying peppers that have cracks or any cuts on the outside.
- Avoid consuming Jalapeno Peppers that are more than a week old as it can cause stomach irritation.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Jalapeno Chutney
- Trim the edges of jalapenos. Remove the seeds from the center. Chop them into smaller pieces.
- Heat oil in a wok. Add in jalapeno and tomatoes and saute them. Add in salt to taste. Cook until they are cooked well.
Switch off the flame. Cool down the mixture.
- Blend them into a smooth paste. For tampering add oil in a pan. Add in mustard and allow them to splutter. Add in Urad Dal, Curry leaves and dry red Chillis. Add the tampered mixture on top of Chutney.
- Jalapeno chutney can be served with idli dosa and parathas.