Jeera Aloo / Cumin Potato Fry is a simple and easy, mildly spiced side dish recipe. We just need to boil some potatoes and saute the potatoes with some spices to make it more tasty. This is a no onion no garlic recipe. Jeera Aloo is served with Rotis, parathas or pooris. Potato Fry is a simple and easy alternate to Jeera Aloo.
Jeera Aloo / Cumin Potato Fry
- 2 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 3 Potato
- 1 Teaspoon Chilli Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Corinader Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tablespoon Oil
- 2 Green Chilli Chopped
- Hing Generous pinch
- 1 Teaspoon Ginger grated
- 3 Tablespoon Coriander Leaves Chopped
- Add in potatoes into a sauce pan and add in enough water. Boil the potatoes until they are cooked soft.
- Insert a knife into the potato check if the potato is cooked soft.
- Switch off the flame and take the potatoes out of water. Allow them to cool down completely.
- Peel the potatoes. Chop them into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a sauce pan. Add in cumin and allow them to splutter.
- Add in Chopped Green Chillis and grated Ginger. Add in Asafoetida and saute for few minutes.
- Add in the chopped potatoes. saute for few minutes.
- Add in the masala powders. Add in Turmeric Powder, Coriander powder and Chilli Powder. Add in salt to taste.
- Mix gently and cook until the masalas are cooked well.
- Garnish Chopped coriander leaves and mix gently.
- Jeera Aloo is now ready to serve.
- Do not overcook the potatoes or it might get mushy.
Step by step photos on how to make Jeera Aloo / Cumin Potato Fry:
- Add the potatoes into a sauce pan and add in water until it immerses.
2. Cook until the potatoes are cooked soft.
3. Cool down the potatoes completely and peel the potatoes.
4. Chop then into pieces.
5. Heat oil in a wok. Add in Cumin Seeds.
6. Add in Green Chilli, Grated ginger and saute them.
7. Add in Asafoetida. Saute this mixture.
8. Add in the chopped Potatoes.
9. Add salt to taste.
10. Mix gently. Add turmeric Powder.
11. Add in Chilli Powder and Mix well. Saute until the masalas are blended well.
12. Add in chopped Coriander. Mix gently and switch off the flame.
13. Aloo Jeera is now ready to serve.