|Prep time: 15 Min||| Cook time: 15 Min||| Total time: 30 Min|
|Recipe type: Sweet||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 4|
Kappa / Tapioca – 250 grams
Coconut Grated as required
Salt to Taste
Step by Step Photos on how to make Kappa Puttu:
- Peel the Kappa and grate it. Add salt and set it aside for 10 minutes. Using a muslin cloth extract maximum juice from the kappa with your palms.
- Get ready with the puttu steamer. Add in the filter first. Add it into the puttu steamer. Add the coconut.
- Add in grated Kappa on top of coconut. Now again Add in coconut. Again add in the grated kappa
- Finally add in the grated coconut. Close the puttu steamer with its lid. Get ready with the lower pot. Start heating water in it
- Place the Puttu Kuzha (cylinder) on the puttu pot. Allow it to steam for 10 minutes. .
- After 10 minutes remove the cylinder from the puttu pot. Push the puttu out using a long spoon or stick. Tasty and nutritious puttu is now ready.
- Extracting juice from the grated tapioca is essential Else after steaming tapioca becomes mushy
- Add very little salt as the tapioca takes very less salt.
Kappa Putt is served with Fish Curry. It also tastes good with Jaggery powder or sugar.