Lemon Rice is a easy travel recipe.
- 2 Tablespoon Oil
- 2 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Teaspoon Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Channa Dal
- 2 Tablespoon Peanuts
- 2 Spring Curry Leaves
- Asafoetida / Hing a generous pinch
- Salt to taste
- 2 Dry red chillis
- 1/4 Teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 Cup Steamed Rice
Soak channa dal in water for atleast 15 minutes.
Heat oil in a wok. Add in mustard and allow them to splutter.
Drain the water and add in the channa dal and the peanuts and saute them until they are sauted well.
Add in curry leaves and dry red chillis. Saute them.
Switch off the flame. Add in Asafoetida and turmeric powder and stir them.
Add in lemon juice and mix them gently.
Add in salt to taste.
Finally add in steamed rice and mix them evenly.
Easy lemon rice is now ready to serve.
- Peanuts can be replaced by cashews.
- Dry red chillis can be replaced by green chillis as well.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Lemon Rice
- Soak channa Dal in water for atleast 15 minutes. Heat oil in a wok and add in mustard and allow them to splutter. Drain the water and add in channa dal. Saute for few minutes.
- Add in Peanuts and saute for few minutes. Add in curry leaves, dry red chillis and saute them. Add in a pinch of asfoetida and give a quick stir.
- Switch off the flame. Add in turmeric powder and give a quick stir. Add in lemon juice. Give a quick stir.
- Add in salt to taste. Add in cooked rice and gently mix them.
- Mix them gently for thaty they are evenly mixed.
- flavoural lemon rice is now ready to serve.