Marble cake is a cake made by blending light and dark cake batter together to get a mottled appearance like marble. This cake is made with chocolate and vanilla flavors. Baking a marble cake is something fun, every time you cut a slice a new pattern of surprise awaits. This cake is very soft, with the blend of chocolate and vanilla flavors its a perfect treat to anyone. I have made this cake few times before posting this recipe here so the photos here are updated from multiple times. Few times i made dots of cocoa mixture above vanilla mixture and swirled it. Few times layered both vanilla mixture and cocoa mixture one above the other and swirled it. This cake looks fabulous, so soft and moist! Here Goes the recipe…
Checkout other Cakes and Bakes Recipes available in this space.
Vanilla Chocolate Marble Cake
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Cocoa Powder
- ¼ Cup Milk
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Cup Unsalted Butter
- Add in Whole Wheat flour, Baking Soda and Baking Powder into a mixing Bowl. Sift the Mixture through a Sieve to remove any lumps.
- Take Eggs into another mixing bowl and blend them, until it raises upto 3 times. Set it aside.
- Add in Butter, Powdered Sugar and Vanilla Extract into another mixing bowl and blend them until they are nice and creamy.
- Add the blended butter into the dry flour and mix them. Now add in the milk and mix it slowly.
- Add in the egg mixture slowly and mix slowly. The mixture must be a thick batter. It must be flowy. but not too watery.
- Take a new mixing bowl add in 1 tablespoon cocoa powder and add in ½ cup of the cake batter into it and mix slowly.
- Now take a baking tin. Grease with butter.
- Add half of the white batter and level them. Now add in the Chocolate batter on it.
- Now again add the remaining White batter.
- Preheat the oven at 180 Deg C for 10 minutes.
- Place the baking tin inside the oven. Bake for 40 minutes at 18 Deg C.
- After 40 minutes pierce with a skewer if it comes out clean then the cake is done. Else bake for another 10 more minutes.
- Take the cake out of the oven and leave it in the kitchen counter until the cake cools down completely.
- Slice them. Each slice has a new pattern.
- Enjoy marble cake as a any time snack or as a teatime snack.
- The Amount of milk required might vary depending on the flour used.
- I have used homemade Wheat Flour.
- Sifting the flour is very essential to give nice texture to the cake.
- While blending the eggs make sure the blender is completely dry otherwise the eggs wont rise.
- After beating the egg do not keep it for more time or the air would escape and it will affect the texture of the cake.
- while adding the egg mixture into flour and mixing mix it slowly or the air bubbles would escape and would affect the texture of the cake.
- The Baking time might vary among different ovens. Read your usermanual carefully before you start baking.
Step by Step photos on how to make Vanilla Chocolate Marble Cake:
- Take a mixing bowl and add in Whole wheat flour, Baking Soda and Baking Powder and Sift this mixture using a sieve.
2. Add in the eggs into another mixing bowl. Blend them until the egg raises. Set them aside.
3. Add in powdered sugar, butter and vanilla extract into another mixing bowl and blend them into a creamy mixture.
4. Now add this creamy Mixtue into the flour. Add in the egg mixture and mix them slowly.
5. Add in the milk and mix them slowly. It must be a thick flowy mixture. Adjust the milk quantity accordingly.
6. Add in cocoa powder into another mixing bowl. Add in ½ Cup of the cake batter into the cocoa powder and mix them gently.
7. Grease the baking pan with butter. Now add in half of the White batter.
8. Add in the Chocolate batter. Add in the remaining White batter.
10 Preheat the oven at 180 Deg C for 10 minutes. Place the baking pan into the oven and bake for 40 minutes at 180 Deg C. After this insert a skewer into the cake. If it comes out clean the cake is ready. Else bake for 10 more minutes. Now take the cake out. Leave it in the kitchen counter and allow it to cool down. Invert the cake pan so the cake comes out.
11. Slice them and enjoy.
Each slice has a surprise for us.
Enjoy the Marble Cake as an any time snack.