|Prep time: 30 Min||| Cook time: 20 Min||| Total time: 50 Min|
|Recipe type: Snack||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 10|
|Taste: Mildly spicy with the taste of methi/Fenugreek|
Wheat Flour – 1 Cup
Gram/Besan Flour – 1/4 Cup
Salt to taste
Oil – 1 tablespoon
Water As required
Red Chilli powder – 1/2 Teaspoon
Jeera/Cumin Powder – 1/2 Teaspoon
Coriander Powder – 1/2 Teaspoon
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 Teaspoon
Ajwain Seeds – 1/2 Teaspoon
Methi leaves – 1 cup
Step by Step Photos on how to make Methi Thepla:
- Wash and clean the Methi Leaves. Take Wheat flour in a Bowl. Add in the Besan flour. Jeera Powder, Chilli Powder, Coriander Powder, Ajwain Seeds and turmeric powder. Add in salt to taste. Add the finely chopped Methi leaves.
- Mix them well. So that the masalas blend well. Add oil and mix them. Sprinkle water and start making them into a dough slowly.
- Make a dough similar to the chapati dough. Leave this dough covered for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes make them into equal sized balls. Roll them using a rolling pin and set aside.
- In a Tawa or iron skillet toast them on both sides.
- Yummy theplas are now ready to serve. Serve them with a slice of butter.
- Remove the stem from the methi/fenugreek leaves. Add them into luke warm water and salt. Leave it for 15 minutes. This helps to remove all the dirt from the leaves. After this wash in normal water.
- After washing the Methi leaves chop them fine. So that it is easy for rolling.
- The amount of water required depends on the type of flour used. Hence sprinkle water little by little while kneadig the dough.
- Leave the dough in refrigerator while its resting.
- While toasting the chapatis in tawa add oil if required.
Methi Theplas are generally served along with Curd/Yogurt. Methi theplas are a great snack so can be had any time of the day. They make a Perfect recipe for lunchbox. Or can be carried while on a travel.