Mint Chutney / Pudina chutney is a simple and easy chutney. There are many versions of pudina chutney. I have shared a very basic Mint chutney already. The chutney version i have shared here adds few more ingredients than the older one. This one has Onion, Tamarind and Channa dal. Finally tampered for flavour. I served with chutney with Prawn vada. Yes that is our next recipe. There is also another version of mint chutney in our space that is the Mint Peanut Chutney. Do checkout that here.
Mint Chutney / Pudina chutney is a side dish that is served alongside tiffin or snack recipes.
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Grated
- Mint Leaves Fistful
- Coriander Leaves Fistful
- Salt to taste
- 8 Small Onion
- 1 Teaspoon Channa Dal
- 1 Teaspoon Tamarind
- 1 Green Chilli
- 1 Teaspoon oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Mustard
- 3 Dry Red Chillis
Heat oil in a wok. Add in the channa dal and allow it to roast for few minutes.
Add in onion and green chilli and saute them.
Add in tamarind. Saute it.
Add in mint leaves and coriander leaves.
Add salt to taste. Saute until the mixture is sauted well.
Add in coconut. Saute for 30 seconds and switch off the flame.
Allow the mixture to cool down. Add limited water and blend into a smooth paste.
Heat oil in a wok. Add in mustard and allow them to splutter.
Add in Dry red chillis and saute them.
Add the tampering on top of chutney.
Step by step photos on how to make Mint Chutney / Pudina chutney:
- Heat oil in a wok. Add in Channa dal and saute them.
2. Add in onion and green chillis.
3. Add in Mint and Coriander Leaves. Add in salt to taste. Saute until the leaves are sauted.
4. Add in coconut. Saute for 30 seconds. Switch off the flame.
5. Allow the mixture to cool down completely. Blend them into a smooth paste only with limited water.
6. Heat oil in a wok. Add in mustard and allow them to splutter.
7. Add in dry red chillis and saute them. Add the tampering on top of the chutney.