Omavalli Bajji / Karpooravalli Bajji / Ajwain Leaf Bajji is one of the yumm snacks that can be had on a rainy day with chai. Ajwain Leaves help in Curing Cough and Cold. The flavour of Ajwain Leaf with the deep fried besan batter pairs well and it is simply tasty. I always pair Omavalli Bajji with Ginger Cardamom Tea. I used Mint Chutney as the dip for Omavalli Bajji.
Omavalli Bajji / Karpooravalli Bajji / Ajwain Leaf Bajji
- ½ Cup Gram Flour / Besan
- Water as Required
- Salt To taste
- ¼ Teaspoon Cooking Soda
- 8 Ajwain Leaves
- 1 Teaspoon Kashmiri Chilli powder
- Oil For deep frying
- Add Gram flour into a mixing bowl. Add in salt to taste, Cooking soda and Chilli powder.
- Add in water slowly and make a thick paste without any lumps.
- Wash and Clean the ajwain leaves. Make sure to pat them dry.
- Heat oil in a deep fry pan.
- Dip the leaves into the batter and deep fry them.
- Remove them from the oil and leave it in the absorbent paper for the excess oil to be removed.
- Enjoy the Omavalli Bajji with a hot cup of chai.
- After washing the leaves wipe them dry. Even little bit moisture would not let tge batter to stick to the leaves.
- The number of bajjis completely depends on the size of your ajwain leaves.
Step by step photos on how to make Omavalli Bajji / Karpooravalli Bajji / Ajwain Leaf Bajji:
- Add Besan into a Mixing bowl. Add in salt to taste.
2. Add in Cooking soda and Chilli powder.
3. Add in water and mix it into a thick paste.
4. Clean the leaves and pat them dry. Dip the leaves one by one in batter.
5. Deep fry them in hot oil. Deep fry in medium flame.
Take the bajji out of oil and leave it in an absorbent paper for the excess oil to be removed.
That is how it looks in the inside