Onion Pakoda is a famous Snack. It is available almost in every tea stall. It is very easy to make and gives out yummy and crunchy tea time snack. Onion Pakoda with tea in a rainy evening is heavenly. When we have surprise guests then onion pakodas are great option to treat them. Chereout other pakoda recipes here.
Onion Pakoda is a yummy and crunchy snack.
- 2 Big Onion
- ½ Cup Gram flour
- ⅓ Cup Rice Flour
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Cup Water
- ½ Teaspoon Cumin Powder
- 15 Mint Leaves
- 15 Curry Leaves
- Oil for Deep Frying
- Slice Onion and add them into a mixing bowl.
- Add in Gram flour, Rice Flour, Salt, Cumin Powder, Mint leaves and Curry Leaves.
- Add in water and mix them until they reach a sticky consistency.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. when the oil in hot enough sprinkle the onion in the hot oil carefully. Ensure they are spread in the oil. If clogging they would stick to each other.
- Deep fry in medium flame.
- When the ssssh sound ceases swit
- Mint Leaves can also be replaced with coriander leaves.
- Do not make the batter watery or the mixture would absorb more oil.
- 1 teaspoon of chilli powder can be added.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Onion Pakoda
- Add in Sliced onion, Gram Flour, Rice Flour into a mixing bowl.
- Add in Cumin Powder, Mint leaves and curry leaves.
- Add in salt and mix them so that the mixture gets evenly mixed up. Add in water slowly and start mixing.
- Stop adding water when the batter gets the sticky consistency. Heat oil in a wok for deep frying. Sprinkle the onion slices one by one.
- The oil bubbles up immediately. Fry in medium flame.
- when the ssssh sound ceases. Remove the onion pakodas from oil. Place them on an absorbent paper for the excess oil to be removed.
- Serve onion pakoda with a hot cup of chai.
click here for video recipe