Palak Mutton Kheema Masala is Mutton Kheema cooked in Palak paste along with spices. Addition of Green Peas and Potato adds more taste to the recipe. It can be served with rice or rotis. This dish is extremely appetizing. The spices used in tampering increases the flavour of this dish.
Palak Mutton Kheema Masala
Add Green Paste
- 2 Cups Palak Leaves
- ½ Cup Coriander Leaves
- 5 Garlic Cloves
- 1 inch Ginger
To Pressure Cook
- 500 Grams Mutton Kheema
- ½ Cup Water
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoon Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 Star Anise
- 2 Cardamom
- 1 Onion
- 1 Big Tomato
- ⅓ Cup Fresh Green Peas
- 2 Small Potato
- ½ Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Chilli Powder
- 4 Teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Cumin Powder
To Pressure Cook
- Add Mutton Kheema, Turmeric Powder, Salt and water into a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 4 whistles in low flame.
- Switch off the flame. Allow the pressure to release on its own. Open the pressure cooker. Set Aside.
To Make Green Paste
- Add in Palak Leaves, Coriander Leaves, Ginger and Garlic and blend them into a smooth paste.
To Saute Mutton
- Heat oil in a wok. Add in cumin seeds and allow them to splutter.
- Add in Bay leaves, star anise and cardamom and saute until nice aroma comes out.
- Add in onion and saute until glossy.
- Add in tomato and saute until mushy.
- Add in green peas and potatoes and saute them.
- Add in the green paste and cook for few minutes.
- Add in the Mutton kheema mixuture. Add in Turmeric Powder, Chilli Powder, Pepper Powder, Coriander powder, salt and Cumin powder.
- Cook until all the water evaporates.
- yumm Palak Mutton Kheema is now ready to serve.
- while blending the palak leaves add water only if your blender dies not cooperate.
- If you dont have fresh green peas them soak green peas for 1 hour and pressure cook along with mutton kheema.
Step by step photos on how to make Palak Mutton Kheema Masala:
- Add Palak Leaves, Coriander Leaves into a blender.
2. Add in Ginger and Garlic. Add only required water. Blend into a smooth paste. Set aside.
3. Add in Mutton Kheema into a pressure cooker. Add in Salt.
4. Add in turmeric powder and water.
5. Mix the mutton Kheema. Close the pressure cooker.
6. Pressure cook for 4 whistles in low flame for 5 whistles. Switch off the flame. Allow the pressure to release on its own. Open the pressure cooker and set aside.
7. Heat oil in a wok. Add in cumin and allow it to splutter.
8. Add in Bay Leaves, Star anise, Cardamom and saute until nice aroma comes out.
9. Add in onion and saute until glossy. Add in tomato and saute until mushy,
10. Add in green peas and chopped potatoes and saute for few minutes.
11. Add in green paste. Cook until they blend well.
12. Add in the cooked mutton Kheema and gently mix them. Add in the spice powders.
13. Add in Turmeric powder, Cumin Powder, Chilli Powder, Pepper Powder and Coriander Powder. Cook until the masalas blend well.
14. Cook until the water evaporates.
Yumm Palak kheema is now ready to serve.