There are so many versions of chutneys that can be made with peanut. The one that i have shared here is Mint Peanut Chutney. Mint is an awesome ingredient that brings in strong flavour and refreshment to the recipe whenever it is added. I am a mint lover and if you are with me then you will love this chutney for its refreshing taste. This Chutney goes well with idli and dosa.
This is a protein rich chutney as peanuts are filled with proteins. This is a creamy and delicious chutney. I already have mint chutney in this space this is another version of Mint Peanut chutney.
Peanut Mint Chutney
- ½ Cup Peanuts
- Mint Leaves Fistful
- 5 Small Onion
- 1 Teaspoon Oil
- ½ Teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1 Teaspoon Tamarind
- ½ Teaspoon Jaggery Powder
- Dry roast the peanuts. When the skin starts darkening mash them with your hands. Now the skin will peel off from the peanuts. Blow out the skin.
- Heat oil in a wok. Add in cumin seeds and allow them to splutter.
- Add in Onion and green chillis and saute for sometime.
- Add in the peanuts. Saute for a minute.
- Add in mint leaves, tamarid and saute for a minute.
- Switch off the flame and add in the jaggery powder.
- Switch off the flame and cool down the mixture.
- Blend them in a blender with minimum water. Add in salt to taste.
- Delicious and creamy chutney is now ready to serve.
- Do not burn the nuts while roasting or it would spoil the taste of the chutney.
- Remove the skin of peanuts or it would bring in some bitter taste to the chutney.