Pineapple Raitha, a delicious yogurt raitha recipe with fresh pinapple pieces and some indian spices. This Pineapple being in season wanted to try this simple recipe. This yogurt based raitha recipe is good for soothing the stomach. So this is generally served along with spicy indian main course dishes like biryani. Here goes the recipe...
|Recipe type: Side Dish||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 2|
|Taste: Spicy and Tangy||Prep Time: 10 Min|
Yogurt – 1 Cup
Chopped Pineapple pieces – ½ cup
Black Salt – As per taste
Jeera Powder – a generous pinch
Step by Step Photos on how to make :
- Whisk the yogurt well until it gets a smooth consistency. Add Jeera Powder and Back Salt.
- Add the chopped pineapple pieces and mix well.
- If you wish pineapple raitha can be garnished with coriander leaves too.
- Fresh or tinned pineapple chunks can be used for preparing this raitha.
- Whisking yogurt before preparing raitha is a key step before making perfect raitha.
- Use fresh yogurt for this recipe sour yogurt might not taste good for this recipe.
- Few variations can also be added to this raitha like pomegranate can also be added into the raitha
- While adding salt take care not to add more as the raitha required only very little salt.
Raitha is served alongside paratas, biryanis, pulaos etc.