Coconut milk Pulao / Coconut Pulao is a fragrant, mild pulao. It is a simple and flavoral dish. As coconut milk is the main ingredient it is yummy and tasty. There are so many versions of pulao with coconut milk the one that i have shared here is the basic one where rice is cooked in coconut milk and with spices, Yumm and tasty. This is one of the recipes that is easy and quick to prepare. Click here to check other Pulao recipes.
Coconut Milk Pulao
- 1 Cup Basmati Rice
- 11/4 Cup Coconut Milk
- 1 Onion
- 2 Green Chilli
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- Salt To Taste
- 1 Tablespoon Ghee
- 1 BayLeaves
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 2 Cloves
- 1 Star Anise
- Chop onion and set aside. Soak Basmati rice for 15 minutes before cooking.
- Heat the Ghee in a pressure cooker. Add the spices Bay Leaves, Cinnamon, cloves and star anise. into ghee and roast until the nice aroma comes out.
- Mix Chopped onion and green chillies and roast until the onion turns brown.
- Add Ginger garlic paste and roast until nice aroma comes out.
- Add the basmati rice and mix once.
- Add Coconut milk and mix slowly. Close the Pressure cooker and cook for 3 whistles in medium flame.
- Coconut milk pulao is ready to be served.
Step by step photos on how to make Plain Coconut Milk Pulao:
- Soak Basmati Rice in water for 15 minutes. Meanwhile heat ghee in a pressure cooker. Add in the spices Bay Leaf, Cinnamon stick, Star Anise.
2. Add in sliced onion and salt to taste. Saute until glossy. Add in Ginger Garlic paste and saute for few seconds.
3. Drain the water from the rice and add in the rice. Mix gently. Add in salt to taste.
4. Add in Coconut Milk. Give a quick mix and close the pressure cooker. Allow it to cook for 3 whistles in medium flame. Switch off the flame and allow the pressure to release on its own. Open the pressure cooker.
Yummy coconut milk pulao is now ready to serve.