Potato Chivda / Potato Mixture is a spicy and Savory snack where the potato strands and peanuts are deep fried and tossed in spices and salt. It is a quick and easy snack and can be enjoyed by anyone in any age group. Since it is prepared at home kids can enjoy them fresh. This crunchy snacks tastes great when enjoyed with a hot chai.
Potato Chivda / Potato Mixture
- 2 Cups Potato Peeled and Grated
- ¼ Cup Peanuts
- ½ Teaspoon Chilli Powder
- Salt to taste
- Curry Leaves Fistful
- Oil for deep frying.
- Peel the skin of the potatoes. Grate the potatoes.
- Wash the grated potato in water for 3 times. Change the water 3 times and wash them. Drain the water.
- In a dry cotton towel wipe the potato strands and pat them dry.
- Heat oil for deep frying.
- Sprinkle the potato strands. Deep fry them
- When the color starts changing take them out of oil and place them on an absorbent paper for removing the excess oil.
- Add in the peanuts and deep fry them. When it starts changing color remove from oil and place over the absorbent paper.
- Switch off the flame and add in the curry leaves. Saute them and add on top of the potato mixture.
- Add in chilli powder and salt and mix them gently,
- Crunchy potato mixture is now ready to serve.
- Wiping the Potato strands in a dry towel is essential to remove the moisture in the potatoes. If the moisture remains while deep frying it will splutter oil and absorb more oil.
- While roasting curry leaves it might splutter so close with a lid if needed.
Video Recipe Link below:
Step by step photos on how to make Potato Chivda / Potato Mixture:
- Peel the potatoes.
2. Grate the potatoes.
3. Add the grated potatoes into water.
4. Wash the grated potatoes atleast 3 times to remove the starch.
5. Drain the excess water.
6. Wipe them in a clean towel to remove excess moisture.
7. Add in the potato strands into the hot oil and deep fry them.
8. When it starts changing color take them out of the oil and place them in an absorbent paper to remove the excess oil.
9. Add in the peanuts. Deep fry them until the color starts changing.
10. Remove them from the oil and place in an absorbent paper.
11. Now switch off the flame and add in the curry leaves and fry them.
12. Place the curry Leaves into the potato mixture.
13. Add in chilli powder and salt to taste.
14. Toss them so that they are mixed well. Store them in a glass jar.
Crunchy Potato Mixture is now ready to enjoy