Pudalangai Poriyal / Snake Gourd Stir Fry is a healthy and easy side dish to be served with rice and rasam or any veg gravy
- 250 Grams Snake Gourd
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 1 Spring Curry Leaves
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Mustard
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- Turmeric Powder Generous Pinch
- 1 Teaspoon Chilli Powder
- Salt To Taste
Scrape the outer skin of Snake gourd. Cut them open into 2 halves and remove the seeds in the center. Chop them into smaller pieces
Heat oil in a wok. Add in Mustard and Cumin Seeds and allow them to splutter.
Add in chopped in onion and curry leaves. Saute until the onion gets glossy.
Add in the chopped Snake Gourd and salt to taste.
Saute until the vegetable gets cooked.
Add in turmeric powder and chilli powder and cook until the masalas blend well.
Snake Gourd Stir Fry is now ready to serve.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Pudalangai Poriyal / Snake Gourd Stir Fry:
- Scrape the outer layer of the skin. Cut open the Snake Gourd
- Remove the center seed portion. Chop them into smaller pieces.
- Heat oil in a wok add in cumin seeds and mustard seeds. Wait until they splutter. Add in onion and curry leaves and saute until the onion becomes glossy.
- Add in the chopped snake gourd and saute them. Sprinkle few drops of water if the mixture is too dry. Close the vessel with a lid until the veggie is cooked soft. Stir occasionally. Make sure not to burn the mixture. Add in salt to taste.
- Add in Turmeric powder and Chilli powder. Saute until the masalas blend well. Then switch off the flame.
- Snake Gourd Stir Fry is now ready to serve.