[ Cookies, Biscuits, Ragi Cookies ]
Ragi Cookies Recipe
|Prep time: 40 Min||| Cook time: 20 min||| Total time: 60 min|
|Recipe type: Snack||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 12|
Finger Miller / Ragi Flour - ¾ Cup
Wheat flour - ¾ Cup
desiccated Coconut - ¾ Cup
Butter - ¾ Cup
Castor Sugar - ¾ Cup
Vanilla Extract - 1 teaspoon
Egg - 1
Step by Step Photos on how to make Ragi Cookies:
- Sift the Ragi Flour and Wheat flour.
- Mix them together.
- Add the desiccated coconut.
- Mix them together it looks like bread crumbs. Set aside.
- Add sugar and butter together.
- Whisk them well until it blends well
- Add egg and Vanilla Extract to this mixture and Mix well.
- Add the mixture flour mixture and make it into a dough consistency. Sprinkle few drops of water only if required.
- Place the dough in refrigerator for around an hour.
- Make small balls from the dough and flatten it in your palms.
- Grease a baking tray with butter and place a parchment paper over the tray and place the flattened cookes in the tray. I have used a non stick tray so I do not require this greasing process.
- Preheat the Microwave oven upto 180 deg C. Place the Baking tray inside the oven. Bake them at 180 deg C until the sides and top starts browning. It took 15 minutes for me to bake a batch of cookies.
Ragi Cookies are yummy tea time snack.