Finger Millet / Ragi Ladoo, A healthy and nutritious ladoo. Ragi is rich in iron and fibre. Ragi is roasted in ghee to add in nice aroma. Sesame seeds, peanuts, jaggery are other ingredients that add taste and make this ladoo completely nutritioius. A healthy snack for kids. Hubby just loved it and he finished few ladoos it in minutes. Here goes the recipe…
Checkout Other Ragi/Finger Millet Recipes
|Prep time: 10 Min||| Cook time: 5min||| Total time:15 Min|
|Recipe type: Sweet Snack||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 12|
Finger Millet / Ragi – 1 Cup
Jaggery – 1/2 Cup
Peanuts – 1/2 Cup
White Sesame Seeds – 1/4 Cup
Ghee – 2 tablespoon
Step by Step Photos on how to make Ragi Ladoo:
- Roast Peanuts and sesame seeds separately. Cool down mash the peanuts with your hands so that the shell moves away from the peanuts. Blow out the skin from the peanut.
- Grind the roasted peanut. Add in the sesame seeds into peanut powder and grind them.
- Add in the grated jaggery and grind them. Heat ghee in a pan. Add in Ragi flour. Roast it in low flame for 5 minutes. Switch off the flame and add in the ground mixture.
- Add a pinch of salt and mix all the ingredients together. Roll them into balls quickly.
- Desiccated coconut is another ingredient that can be added to this ladoo.
- Broken Roasted cashews can be added into the mixture before rolling the mixture into balls.
- Roll up the mixture into balls quickly or they will dry out.
- The moisture from the ghee, peanuts, sesame seeds are sufficient for rolling the balls but if it is still dry add little milk to roll it up.
A Healthy and Nutritious snack for Kids.
(Visited 184 times, 1 visits today)