|Prep time: 15 Min||| Baking time: 20 min||| Total time:35 Min|
|Recipe type: Cakes||| Cuisine: International||| Yield / Serves: 1|
|Taste: Soft Spongy and Sweet|
All purpose flour/Maida – 1 cup
Food Colors – as per your choice (i used 5 different colors)
Milk – 1/4 cup
Powdered sugar – 1 cup
Baking Powder- 1 tsp
Baking Soda – a pinch
Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
Eggs – 4
Step by Step Photos on how to make Rainbow Cake :
- Preheat the Microwave to 180 deg C.
- Grease the cake mould with butter. Dust it with Flour and set aside.
- Add Maida, Baking Powder, Baking Soda into a bowl and mix well. Now sieve this Mixture to remove any lumps. Set aside.
- Take 4 eggs, vanilla essence in a bowl. Mix well with a beater. Beat the egg mixture up to 3 to 4 mins using a egg beater until the eggs foam up and raise in quantity. Set aside.
- Add Butter and Sugar into a bowl and beat well until the butter blends well with sugar.
- Add half of the egg mixture into the butter mixture and blend slowly.
- Now Add the Maida mixture and slowly mix them.
- Add the remaining egg and mix them very slowly. Add milk and mix slowly.
- Now divide this mixture into 5 equal parts. (as i have taken 5 different colours i have divided into 5 equal parts)
- Add each food colour in each part for different colours and mix them evenly. Now 5 different colour mixtures are ready.
- Add the coloured mixtures into the cake mold one by one. First add the Blue color. The coloured mixture spreads on the base of the cake mold.
- Now add the green color in the center of the cake Mold. It sets and gets its own design.
- Now Add the Yellow colored mixture in the center of the cake. Then add the orange color.
- Finally add the red colored mixure in the center of the cake
- Add the mixture into the greased baking mould one by one.
- Tap the mould so that the mixture gets in well to all the corners.
- Now keep the baking mould into the preheated microwave and bake it for 15 mins or until done in 180 deg C.
- After 15 minutes, Once it is done, Insert a toothpick in the centre of the cake, if toothpick comes out clean, the cake is ready, If not bake for few more mins.
- Once the cake is baked completely, leave the cake in the mould for 15 mins to cool.
- Using a Knife release the edges of the cake.
- Slice it as how you require and serve.
- Make sure all the ingredients are in room temperature.
- Sieve the Maida mixture, do not omit this step.
- Make sure the beater is clean and dry while beating the eggs, or the eggs won’t raise in quantity.
- Do not add the egg mixture completely in one go or there are chances that the mixture might cuddle.
- Place a Butter paper in the bottom of the cake mould before adding the cake mixture into it.
- The Baking time might differ from different microwaves, Hence read the user manual of your microwave for instructions.
- The cake batter must not be more than half of the cake mould, as the cake is tend to raise it might overflow.
- Using a round cake mould is better so that the cake cooks well from all sides.
kids would really love this cake, i am not in favour of using food colour. Since this cakes are made especially for kids’ parties, choose organic colours.