Raw Banana Tawa Fry / Vazhaikai Varuval is a awesome appetiser and also a side dish that can be served with steamed rice and rasam or sambar. It can also be served as a side dish with Variety rice recipes. Raw Banana is sliced and marinated in spicy masala. It is then fried in a tawa. Less Oil and more interesting. This is one of my personal favourite too.
Raw Banana Tawa Fry / Vazhaikai Varuval
- 2 Raw Banana
To Grind and Paste
- Ginger a half inch piece
- 2 Big Pods Garlic
- ½ Teaspoon Pepper
- ½ Teaspoon Chilli Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Coriander Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Cumin Powder
- ¾ Teaspoon Fennel Seeds
- Salt To Taste
- Oil for tawa frying
- Peeling raw banana is a messy job. Dont worry grease your hands and knife with oil, so that the stains do not stick anywhere.
- As soon as you chop the raw banana add them into the marination masala or else it would change color.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Raw Banana Tawa Fry / Vazhaikai Varuval
- Grease your knife and hands with oil. Peel the raw banana. Slice them.
- Add all the ingredients listed under to grind and paste into a blender and blend them into a smooth paste with limited water. Add the paste on the sliced bananas and mix them well. Leave it for 20 minutes.
- Heat your tawa. Grease them with oil. Once it is hot enough reduce the flame and place the banana slices over the tawa. When once side is cooked turn sides.
- Wait until both sides are cooked well. If required place them in an absorbent paper for the excess oil to be absorbed.
- Serve them hot.