- 250 Grams Seppankizhangu
- Water as Required
- Tablespoon Oil
- Salt To Taste
- 1 Teaspoon Fennel Seeds
- 8 Garlic Pods Crushed
- 2 Spring Curry Leaves
- 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 2.5 Teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper Powder
Add Seppankizhangu and required water in a sauce pan and cook until the vegetable is soft.
Switch off the flame and cool down the mixture.
Remove the vegetable from water. Remove the skin. Chop them into smaller pieces.
Heat oil in a wok. Add in Fennel seeds. Add in crushed garlic and saute until nice aroma comes out.
Add in curry leaves and saute them . Add in turmeric powder, Coriander Powder and Pepper powder and saute for few mins.
Add in the chopped seppankizhangu. Gently mix them. Cook until the side of each seppankizhangu piece starts darkening.
Yummy seppankizhangu pepper roast is now ready to serve.
- If the Vegetable is not cooked properly then this vegetable causes some itching sensation in the tongue and throat. Hence it is boiled completely and then roasted.
- I have boiled seppankizhangu in water you can also pressure cook the vegetable.
Step by Step Photos on how to make SeppanKizhangu Pepper Fry / Arbi Pepper Fry:
- Add water and SeppanKizhangu in a sauce pan with enough water and cook until the vegetable gets soft. Drain the water and allow the vegetable to cool down. Remove the skin from the vegetable. Chop them into smaller pieces. Set it aside. Crush garlic and set it aside.
- Heat oil in a wok. Add in fennel seeds and allow them to splutter. Add in the curshed garlic and saute them. Add in curry Leaves. Add in Coriander Powder and Pepper Powder. Saute until the masalas blend well. Saute in low flame so that the masalas do not burn out.
- Add in the chopped SeppanKizhangu. Give a quick stir. Add in Turmeric powder. Saute until the masalas blend well.
- Cook with the pan closed. Stir Occassionally. Keep Cooking until the edges are darkened.
- Delicious SeppanKizhangu Roast is now ready to serve.