Sweet corn fried rice is a easy to make, tasty and flavourful recipe. If you have left over rice and sweet corn then this recipe is ready in minutes. To make it even more healthier i have added few more veggies into it. This makes an awesome lunch box recipe. Here goes the recipe...
Checkout Other Fried Rice Recipes
Mushroom Fried Rice
Mushroom Fried Rice
Sweet Corn Fried Rice
|Prep time: 10 Min||| Cook time: 10 Min||| Total time:20 Min|
|Recipe type: Main Course||| Cuisine: Indo Chinese||| Yield / Serves: 2|
|Taste: Mildly Spicy|
Basmati Rice - 1 Cup
Sweet Corn Kernels – ½ Cup
Carrot – ¼ Cup Grated
Cabbage – ¼ Cup Grated
Onion – ¼ Cup Chopped
Capsicum – ¼ Cup Chopped
Soy Sauce- ½ teaspoon
Pepper Powder – 1 teaspoon
Tomato Sauce – 1 teaspoon
Olive Oil- 1 tablespoon
Garlic Pods – 5 chopped
Salt to taste
Step by Step Photos on how to make Sweet Corn Fried Rice:
- Chop Carrot, Capsicum and Cabbage. Set aside. Heat oil in a Frying pan. Add in Garlic. Saute until nice aroma comes out. Add in onion and saute until glossy.
- Add Carrots and saute until it cooks. Add in the cabbage Capsicum and sweet corn and mix well. Cook them for 3 minutes in low flame or until the raw smell goes away.
- Add in the pepper powder and mix it well. Add in soya sauce and tomato sauce. Give a quick stir.
- Cook in low flame for 2 minutes until they blend well with the veggies. Add in the cooked basmati rice. Mix them well.
- Sweet and Spicy Sweet Corn fried rice is now ready to serve.
- Spring onion can be chopped and used for garnishing at the end.
- I have added cabbage, carrot and Capsisum, but this is completely optional.
- Cashew can be fried in oil and garnished too.
- I have not added much spice if you wish to have it more spicy 1 teaspoon of chilli sauce can be added.
Sweet Corn Fried Rice is apt for lunch box recipe. It can also be served with other side dishes as a lunch menu.
Naga Sri says
woww ....thanks for sharing Anns 🙂 will try sure !!!
CURRY AND SPICE says
This looks absolutely yum....