Mushroom Fried Rice
Sweet Corn Fried Rice
|Prep time: 10 Min||| Cook time: 10 Min||| Total time:20 Min|
|Recipe type: Main Course||| Cuisine: Indo Chinese||| Yield / Serves: 2|
|Taste: Mildly Spicy|
Basmati Rice - 1 Cup
Sweet Corn Kernels – ½ Cup
Carrot – ¼ Cup Grated
Cabbage – ¼ Cup Grated
Onion – ¼ Cup Chopped
Capsicum – ¼ Cup Chopped
Soy Sauce- ½ teaspoon
Pepper Powder – 1 teaspoon
Tomato Sauce – 1 teaspoon
Olive Oil- 1 tablespoon
Garlic Pods – 5 chopped
Salt to taste
Step by Step Photos on how to make Sweet Corn Fried Rice:
- Chop Carrot, Capsicum and Cabbage. Set aside. Heat oil in a Frying pan. Add in Garlic. Saute until nice aroma comes out. Add in onion and saute until glossy.
- Add Carrots and saute until it cooks. Add in the cabbage Capsicum and sweet corn and mix well. Cook them for 3 minutes in low flame or until the raw smell goes away.
- Add in the pepper powder and mix it well. Add in soya sauce and tomato sauce. Give a quick stir.
- Cook in low flame for 2 minutes until they blend well with the veggies. Add in the cooked basmati rice. Mix them well.
- Sweet and Spicy Sweet Corn fried rice is now ready to serve.
- Spring onion can be chopped and used for garnishing at the end.
- I have added cabbage, carrot and Capsisum, but this is completely optional.
- Cashew can be fried in oil and garnished too.
- I have not added much spice if you wish to have it more spicy 1 teaspoon of chilli sauce can be added.
Sweet Corn Fried Rice is apt for lunch box recipe. It can also be served with other side dishes as a lunch menu.