Urad Dal sundal is a healthy snack. One of the recipes served during Ganesh chathurthi. Addition of grated paneer gives in a unique taste. Urad Dal is said to be one of the richest in protein. Urad dal is also good for women as it has iron, folic acid, calcium, magnesium, potassium which makes it a healthy pulse. Rajma Sundal, Green Peas Sundal, Mochai and Carrot Sundal, Channa Dal Sundal and Black Channa Sundal are some of the sundal recipes available in this space.
Urad Dal Sundal
A healthy snack.
- 1 Cup Urad Dal Soaked overnight
- 3 Tablespoon Paneer Grated
- 1.5 Teaspoon Coconut Oil
- ½ Teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1 Green Chilli
- 1 Teaspoon Ginger Grated
- 1 Tablespoon Coriander Leaves Chopped
- Soak Urad Dal overnight. Cook them with Salt and required water. Drain the excess water.
- Heat oil in a Wok. Add in Cumin Seeds and allow them to splutter. Add in the cooked Urad Dal. Add in chopped green chillis. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add in paneer and ginger saute for 1 min. Switch off the flame and finally garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Paneer can also be replaced with grated coconut.
- Do not saute for more time after adding paneer.
- Sauting in coconut oil adds in a unique taste. It can be replaced with cooking oil.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Urad Dal Sundal
- Soak Urad Dal in water overnight. Drain the water and boil urad dail with enough water and salt until they cook soft. Drain the excess water.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add in Cumin seeds and allow them to splutter. Add in Urad dal and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add in green chillis, and saute them. Add in paneer and Ginger and saute them for a minute. Add in Chopped coriander leaves.
- Healthy snack is now ready.
Urad dal sundal can be enjoyed as a healthy snack.