Vanilla Panna Cotta with Strawberry Sauce... It is an amazing Italian dessert. Flavored cream set into shape using gelatin / agar agar. I first saw panna cotta in tv show and i was completely amazed, wanted to do one, and now that is done. An easy and delicious Italian custard. It is surely a wonderful dessert you can make with a very little effort. It looks and tastes wonderful with ripe red fruits such as raspberries, strawberries, or sweet cherries and any other sweet fruits of your choice. A bite of panna cotta is remarkably creamy, melting in the mouth without a trace of grittiness or lumps. Here goes the recipe...
Checkout other Sweets and Dessert Recipes
Vanilla Panna cotta with strawberry sauce Recipe
|Prep time: 10 Min||| Cook time: 10 min||| Setting time: 4 Hrs||| Total time:4 hrs 20 min|
|Recipe type: Dessert||| Cuisine: International||| Yield / Serves: 2||| Taste: Sweet|
A bite of panna cotta is remarkably creamy, melting in the mouth without a trace of grittiness or lumps.
For Panna cotta:
Whipping Cream- 1 Cup
Milk - 1 Cup
Agar Agar Powder - 1 teaspoon
Vanilla Extract - 1 teaspoon
For Strawberry Sauce:
Fresh Strawberry - 12 Big Chopped
Sugar - ¼ cup
- Heat Milk and whipping cream together. Once it boils add the vanilla extract and agar agar powder and stir constantly. Whipping cream is sweet so add sugar only if required.
- Once the agar agar is completely dissolved, switch off the heat/flame. Pour the mixture into small bowels and leave to get set.
- I had refrigerated for 4 hours for the mixture to settle down.
- To prepare the strawberry sauce, add the strawberry and sugar in a blender and blend them well. Strain it to remove any grits. The strawberry sauce is ready.
- After the milk mixture is set remove it from the fridge. Pour the strawberry sauce on the settled milk mixture.
- Vanilla Panna Cotta is ready Upright.
Vanilla panna cotta can be had straight out of a cup, or it can be unmoulded onto a plate and drizzled with sweet sauce and garnished with fruits. Serve Vanilla Panna cotta with strawberry sauce as an after meal dessert.
- The whipped cream is sweet on its own. If you need sweet dish add more sugar.
- The milk mixture might require to stay in refrigerator to get set.
- The Panna cotta stays well in refrigerator for so many days. But make sure to finish the strawberry sauce in 2 days.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Vanilla Panna cotta in strawberry sauce:
- Heat Whipped cream and milk.
- Once it boils add, Agar Agar powder, Vanilla Extract and stir continuously until the powder dissolves.
- Switch off the heat/flame and pour the mixture into smaller bowls to get set. Refrigerate the mixture atleast for 4 hours or leave it overnite in the Refrigerator.
- For strawberry sauce, add the fresh strawberry into the blender along with sugar and blend well. Strain it for any lumps or grits.
- Remove the panna cotta from the refrigerator and pour the strawberry sauce on top of the panna cotta and serve it chilled.
Vanilla Panna Cotta in strawberry sauce - Delightful Italian Custard.
[Dessert,Sweet , Custard, Pudding, Panna Cotta, PannaCotta]
Leave a Reply