[ More Kuzhambu, Kulambu, Veg Side dish, More Kulambu ]
Ladys Finger More Kulambu Recipe
|Prep time: 10 Min||| Cook time: 15 min||| Total time: 25 min|
|Recipe type: Side Dish||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 3|
|Taste: Spicy and Mild Tangy|
Thick Curd - 1 Cup
Water - ¼ Cup
Ladys Finger - 8
Turmeric powder - 1 teaspoon
Curry leaves - a Spring
Salt - To Taste
To Roast and Grind:
Urad dal - 1 teaspoon
Jeera - 1 teaspoon
Channa dal - 1 tablespoon
Red chillies - 4
Coconut grated - 2 tablespoon
Oil - 1 tablespoon
Mustard -1 teaspoon
Hing - ¼ teaspoon
Red chillies - 1
Step by Step Photos on how to make More Kulambu:
- Chop Ladys finger into 2cm sized pieces.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Add the chopped ladys finger and salt and saute them until cooked well.
- Add Curd and water. Whisk the Curd and water well.
- Take all the ingredients listed under to roast and grind section.
- Dry roast all these ingredients.
- Cool them and grind them in a blender.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Add mustard seeds and allow them to splutter. Add Curry leaves and Dry red Chilles and saute them. Remove the frying pan from fire and add the asafoetida.
- Once the aroma of asafoetida comes out add the beaten curd. Start heating using low flame. Once the mixture starts boiling add the sauted ladys finger. Mix them.
- Add Turmeric powder. Add the ground powder and cook in low flame until the mixture starts boiling. cook for another 1 min.
- More Kulambu is now ready to serve.
- Use slightly sour Curd.
- Add yogurt only after reducing flame or the mixture would cuddle.
Serve More kulambu with Beans Usili or Potato fry and steamed rice.