Wheat flour Halwa / Godhumai Halwa / Atta Halwa is one of the easiest halwas to make. It has no tedious process involved . It is a simple dessert made using wheat flour / Atta, Sugar and Ghee. This recipe is a hit most of the times. This comes handy when we need to make a sweet in just half an hour. The sugar in this recipe can be replace with jaggery. The taste completely is going to be different when jaggery is substituted for sugar. This halwa is delicious and equally nutritious. Checkout other Halwa recipes here
Wheat flour Halwa / Godhumai Halwa / Atta Halwa is a delicious nutritious halwa.
- 1 Cup Wheat Flour
- 3/4 Cup Ghee
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 4 Cardamom Crushed
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 3 Cups Water
- 15 Cashews
- 2 Tablespoon Ghee Final Seasoning
Heat ghee in a wok. Reserve 2 tablespoon of ghee for the last step.
Add in cashews and roast until golden brown. Take out of ghee and set aside.
Add in the wheat flour slowly into ghee and keep stirring.
Keep cooking in low flame until the flour is roasted well.
Add in water and keep stirring. Make sure no lumps are formed.
Keep stirring until it thickens. Add sugar and keep stirring.
Add in Cardamom and give a gentle stir.
Keep cooking until the mixture reaches halwa consistency.
As a final touch add in the reserved 2 tablespoon ghee. Give a quick mix.
Delicious and healthy Wheat flour halwa is now ready to serve.
Step by step photos on how to make Wheat flour Halwa / Godhumai Halwa / Atta Halwa:
- Heat Ghee in a wok. Let it melt.
2. Add in cashews and roast until golden brown. Take out of ghee and set aside.
3. Add in Wheat flour little by little and keep stirring.
4. Keep stirring until no lumps are formed.
5. Keep cooking and stirring until the flour is roasted well. I roasted upto 7 minutes.
6. Now add water and keep stirring.
7. Keep cooking in low flame and stirring so that there are no lumps and it does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
8. Add in salt and mix it gently. Cook until it starts thickening.
9. Add in Cardamom and gently mix it.
10. When the mixture has reached the halwa consistency it does not stick to the sides of the pan. Now add in 2 tablespoon ghee. Mix gently.
11. Add in roasted Cashews and mix gently. Delicious Halwa is now ready to serve.
Enjoy the delicious Wheat flour Halwa / Godhumai Halwa / Atta Halwa