Badam Halwa is a Delicious Dessert
- 1 Cup Almond/Badam
- 3/4 Cup Boiled Milk
- 3 Tablespoon Ghee
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cardamom Powder
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup HotMilk
- Saffron a Generous Pinch
Soak Almonds in hot water for 40 minutes. This step is done in order to remove the outer skin. I soaked for 4 hours in normal water.
After soaking time, press the almond between fingers and the skin gets peeled.
Add in the peeled almonds into the blender with milk. Blend into a coarse paste.
Heat ghee in a wok. Add in the coarse almond paste and keep stirring.
Cook for few minutes so that the ghee blends with the almond paste.
Add in the sugar. When the sugar melts the mixture gets watery.
Cook in low flame for another 5 minutes.
Add in the Saffron milk. Give a quick stir and cook for another few minutes.
Add in Cardamom powder and give a quick stir. Cook until the mixture thickens
- The Quantity of milk completely depends on the almond. The amount of milk might slightly vary. While blending if the mixture is too thick then add in 1/4 cup more milk.
- Cook the entire recipe in low flame.
- Food color can be added if you need halwa in nice yellowish or orangish color.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Badam Halwa:
- Soak Badam in hot water for 40 minutes. Take it and mash between fingers. The skin peels easily.
- Peel the skin. Add them into a blender with milk.
- Blend badam with milk into a coarse paste. Meanwhile add in a generous pinch of Saffron in hot milk this is to bring in color to the halwa.
- Heat ghee in a wok. Add in the coarse badam paste.
- Mix gently so that the badam blends well with ghee. Cook the entire recipe in low flame.
- Add in sugar and mix gently. Now when the sugar melts the mixture gets a bit watery. Keep cooking for 5 minutes. The mixture starts thickening.
- Add in the saffron milk. This step is to give good color to the halwa. Keep cooking for 5 more minutes.
- Add in Cardamom powder and gently keep stirring. Cook for another 10 minutes or until the mixture thickens and gets the halwa consistency. In the final stage add in a tablespoon of ghee. Give a quick stir and switch off the flame.
- Delicious Badam Halwa is now ready to serve.