Badam Halwa is one of the Famous and delicious dessert. It is so delicious that you cant stop eating it. It is a creamy and rich halwa. Badam is cooked in milk and ghee that makes it so Delicious and creamy. Checkout other Halwa recipes here.
Badam Halwa is a Delicious Dessert
- 1 Cup Almond/Badam
- ¾ Cup Boiled Milk
- 3 Tablespoon Ghee
- ¼ Teaspoon Cardamom Powder
- 1 Cup Sugar
For Saffron Milk
- ¼ Cup HotMilk
- Saffron a Generous Pinch
- Soak Almonds in hot water for 40 minutes. This step is done in order to remove the outer skin. I soaked for 4 hours in normal water.
- After soaking time, press the almond between fingers and the skin gets peeled.
- Add in the peeled almonds into the blender with milk. Blend into a coarse paste.
- Heat ghee in a wok. Add in the coarse almond paste and keep stirring.
- Cook for few minutes so that the ghee blends with the almond paste.
- Add in the sugar. When the sugar melts the mixture gets watery.
- Cook in low flame for another 5 minutes.
- Add in the Saffron milk. Give a quick stir and cook for another few minutes.
- Add in Cardamom powder and give a quick stir. Cook until the mixture thickens
- The Quantity of milk completely depends on the almond. The amount of milk might slightly vary. While blending if the mixture is too thick then add in ¼ cup more milk.
- Cook the entire recipe in low flame.
- Food color can be added if you need halwa in nice yellowish or orangish color.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Badam Halwa:
- Soak Badam in hot water for 40 minutes. Take it and mash between fingers. The skin peels easily.
- Peel the skin. Add them into a blender with milk.
- Blend badam with milk into a coarse paste. Meanwhile add in a generous pinch of Saffron in hot milk this is to bring in color to the halwa.
- Heat ghee in a wok. Add in the coarse badam paste.
- Mix gently so that the badam blends well with ghee. Cook the entire recipe in low flame.
- Add in sugar and mix gently. Now when the sugar melts the mixture gets a bit watery. Keep cooking for 5 minutes. The mixture starts thickening.
- Add in the saffron milk. This step is to give good color to the halwa. Keep cooking for 5 more minutes.
- Add in Cardamom powder and gently keep stirring. Cook for another 10 minutes or until the mixture thickens and gets the halwa consistency. In the final stage add in a tablespoon of ghee. Give a quick stir and switch off the flame.
- Delicious Badam Halwa is now ready to serve.