Carrot Laddu is a Delicious Sweet. Its Nutritious too. My little girl loves anything with carrot that is another reason i chose to make these carrot ladoos. Carrot Laddu is prepared by sauting grated carrot in ghee. Coconut is added for extra flavour. Finally addition of nuts powder add in richness to the laddu. I pack them as a snack for my little girl in her lunch box. Checkout other Laddu recipes here.
Carrot Laddu is a healthy and delicious snack.
- 2 Cups Carrot Grated
- ½ Cup Coconut Grated
- ¾ Cup Sugar
- 2 Tablespoon Ghee
- 4 Cardamom
- ¼ Cup Nuts
- ¼ Cup Green Gram
- Dry Roast Green gram and cardamom together until it starts darkening. Cool them down. Blend them into a fine powder.
- Heat ghee in a wok. Add in the nuts. Roast them. Remove them ghee. Cool them down and blend them into a coarse powder.
- Add in grated carrot into the same ghee. Saute until it is cooked well.
- Add in grated coconut and saute them.
- Add in sugar and saute the mixture. It might releases water. saute until the water evaporates.
- Switch off the flame and cool down the mixture.
- Add in the green gram powder and the nuts powder and mix them gently.
- Roll them into ladoos.
- Delicious sweet is now ready to serve.
- These ladoos keeps good if preserved in refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Consuming carrot ladoos immediately gives best taste.
Click here for Video
Step by Step Photos on how to make Carrot Laddu
- Dry roast green gram and cardamom until they start browning. Switch off the flame and let them cool down.
- Blend them into a fine powder.
- Heat ghee in a wok. Add in Nuts. Saute them until golden brown.
- Remove them from ghee and cool down completely and grind them into a coarse powder.
- Add in grated carrot into the same ghee and saute them until it is sauted well. Add a pinch of salt.
- Add in grated coconut and saute for few more minutes.
- Add in sugar and saute. It releases some water.Saute until the water evaporates. Switch off the flame. Cool them down completely.
- Add in the green gram powder and the nuts powder. Mix them gently and roll them into ladoos.
- Roll them in your palm into laddus.
- Delicious Ladoos are now ready to serve.