Egg Potato Stir Fry is a Side Dish Recipe which can be served along with Variety rice or Steamed Rice and any Veg Gravy, especially Sambar or Rasam. This is a Favorite Side Dish in my home served along with any Variety rice. Mom makes this recipe when we were kids in order to make us eat the egg yolk, as me and my siblings had a habit of eating only the egg white and throwing away egg yolk from a boiled egg. Eggs and Potatoes are boiled, sliced and garnished with garam masala. This is a very simple recipe but tastes awesome. Here goes the recipe…
Egg Potato Stir Fry is a simply yumm side dish with rice and sambar or rice
- 5 Eggs
- 5 Potatoes
- 2 Tablespoon Oil
- 1.5 Teaspoon Fennel Seeds
- 1 Onion Sliced
- 1 Spring Curry Leaves
- 8 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 2 Teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
- Salt to taste
Steam the eggs for 20 minutes. Cool down. Peel the eggs.
Add the potatoes and water in pressure cooker and pressure cook for 4 whistles. Allow the pressure cooker to release pressure on its own. Take the potatoes out and cool down.
Peel the potatoes.
Chop the eggs and potatoes. Set aside.
Heat oil in a wok. Add in fennel seeds and saute them.
Add in sliced onion and garlic and saute them.
Add in chopped potatoes. Add in salt to taste.
Add in turmeric powder and garam masala powder and mix gently.
Cook for few minutes until the raw smell of masalas go away.
Add in chopped eggs and mix gently.
Yumm Side dish is now ready to serve.
After adding the eggs do not stir them as the egg yolks will break and mix with the masala and become a paste. Mix them slowly so that a little portion of egg yolks mix with the masala and the remaining stays along with egg white.
Step by step photos on how to make Potato Egg Stir Fry:
- Add eggs into a steamer. I steamed for 20 minutes to cook the eggs.
2. Take the eggs. Cool them down and peel the eggs.
3. Add potatoes into a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 4 whistles. Switch off the flame and cool down the pressure cooker. Take the potatoes out.
4. Peel the potatoes and chop them.
5. Crush Garlic. Slice the eggs into 4 pieces.
6. Heat oil in a wok. Add in Fennel seeds and saute until nice aroma comes out.
7. Add in Sliced onion, Garlic and Curry Leaves.. Saute until onion gets glossy.
8. Add in chopped potatoes and turmeric powder. Saute well.
9. Add in Garam Masala Powder and saute it.
10. when the masala are cooked nicely add in sliced eggs. Mix gently.
Delicious Egg Potato stir fry is now ready to serve.