A brownie is a baked dessert. It is a combination of a cake and a cookie. Typicaly it contains nuts and choco chips. Chocolate brownies are supposed to be fudgy in texture and gooey in the center. Walnut Brownies are rich and nutty brownies. These are a real delight to kids to pack them in their tiffin or as an after school snack.
Wheat Chocolate Walnut Brownie
These are fudgy and Gooey delights. Perfect for kitty parties and after school snacks.
- ½ Cup Dark Chocolate
- ⅓ Cup Butter
- 1 Cup Wheat Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ Cup Curd
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ Cup Walnut Chopped
- Melt Butter and chocolate in a double boiler. ie. Heat water in a bowl and place another bowl containing chocolate and butter in it. Once they melt remove them from heat.
- Add in Vanilla extract and brown sugar and mix it well so that i dissolves. Set the chocolate mixture aside.
- Beat Curd and bring it to a smooth Consistency.
- Add Wheat Flour, Baking Powder and Baking soda and sift the mixture few times to remove lumps and to get the nice texture of the flour.
- Add in the chocolate mixture into the dry mixture. Mix them gently.
- Add in the Curd and mix them gently. If the mixture is very dry and powdery add in lukewarm water until the mixture gets gooey and sticky. This is the right consistency for the chocolate brownie.
- Preheat the Oven at 180 deg C for 10 minutes.
- Now get ready with the Baking tray. Grease the baking tray with butter. Add in a parchment paper. Now pour the Brownie batter into the baking tray. Using the spatula level them.
- Now bake for 40 minutes at 180 deg C
- The baking time completely depends on the type of your oven and the size of the baking tin used.
- My chocolate was a little sweeter hence i have added only ½ Cup sugar.
- Chop the chocolate into smaller chunks so that it melts easily.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Wheat Chocolate Walnut Brownie:
- Melt the Chocolate and Butter in a double boiler. Add water in a bowl and heat them. Place another bowl containing the butter and chocolate on top of this bowl. Heat until the chocolate and butter mixture melts.
- Add in Vanilla Extract and brown sugar and stir them. Set them aside. Beat curd and bring them to a smoothe consistency.
- Add in Wheat flour, Baking Powder and Baking Soda.
- Sift the mixture to get nice texture, remove any lumps. Add in the chocolate mixture into the dry mixture and gently mix them without any lumps. Add in the curd. Mix gently. If the mixture is still dry add in luke warm water until the mixture gets a gooey and sticky consistency.
- Preheat the Overn at 180 Deg C for 10 minutes. Get ready with the Baking tray. Grease the Baking tray with butter. Add in a Parchment Paper. Add in the gooey brownie mixture into the baking tray and level them using a spatula.
- Sprinkle the Walnut chunks on top of the Batter. Bake for 40 minutes at 180 Deg C or until the brownie is completely done.
- After baking leave the brownie in the kitchen counter until it cools down completely. Afterwards you can cut them into squares and serve them.
Delightful brownies are ready to serve.
Simply enjoy these brownies with a cup of tea as an evening snack.