Mango pachadi – Tamil new year is the occasion for it. I was waiting for Tamil new year to post this recipe. Finally i have done it. This is a sweet and tangy recipe. Mango Pachadi is a must in the Tamil New year Menu. This is the first dish to be tasted on tamil new year day. Otherwise Mango Pachadi and Curd Rice goes well with each other Ymm! Use slightly sour mangoes for this recipe. I love to have mango pachadi with even texture. Few chunks of mangoes can also be added to get chunky mango Pachadi. Here goes the recipe…
|Prep time: 10 Min||| Cook time: 15 Min||| Total time:25 Min|
|Recipe type: Side Dish||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 4|
|Taste: Salty and Tangy|
Raw Mango – 2 Medium
Jaggery – 3/4 Cup
Salt To Taste
Step by Step Photos on how to make Mango Pachadi:
- Powder the Jaggery. Add the Jaggery in a frying pan. Add water upto the level of jaggery. Start heating it.
- When all the jaggery is dissolved switch off the flame. strain it and remove the impurities from jaggery mixture and set aside.
- Peel Mangoes and Chop them into smaller pieces.
- Heat Water in a pan. Add the chopped mangoes. Start cooking. Stir occasionally. When the mangoes are cooked and starts getting mashed add the jaggery syrup.
- Add a Pinch of salt. Cook until the jaggery blends well with mangoes and reaches a pasty consistency.
- I like to have even textured mango pachadi so I have chopped mangoes into very small pieces. If u prefer to have chunks of mango chop it in bigger pieces.