Onion Egg Curry is a easy egg gravy for a busy day lunch or dinner. This Gravy goes well with chapatis. It is a less spicy gravy. This gravy is prepared by sauting onion paste in oil. Then masalas are added. Then milk is added and cooked. Finally eggs are hard boiled and then added into the gravy and cooked. As a finishing touch garnished with coriander leaves. Egg Stew and Simple Egg curry are other egg based gravy recipes available in my space.
Onion Egg Curry
Onion Egg Curry is an easy side dish for Chapathis
For Onion Paste
- 2 Onion Peeled
- 3 Big Garlic Pods
- 1 Green Chilli
- 1 Inch Ginger
- ¾ Cup Milk
- Salt as per taste
- 2 Tablespoon Coriander Leaves Chopped
- 3 Boiled Eggs
- ¼ Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
For onion Paste
- Add in chopped onion, Green Chilli, Garlic Pods and Ginger into a blender and blend them into a fine paste. Add water only if required
For the Onion Gravy
- Heat oil in a wok and add in the onion paste and saute for 5 to 10 minutes until the onion is sauted well.
- Add in the milk and cook for few minutes.
- Add in the turmeric powder, Coriander powder and chilli powder. Cook for few minutes.
- Remove the outer shell of the boiled eggs. Slice the boiled eggs and drop them into the gravy.
- Cook until the masalas blend well.
- Switch off the flame and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Onion Egg Curry is now ready to serve.
- While cooking the onion paste make sure it does not burn the bottom of the vessel.
- The onion paste must be cooked very well before adding in milk. This is a key step for the taste of the onion egg curry
- I have used less spice. Increase the green chilli as per your spice requirements.
- Sprinkle few drops of water if the gravy is very thick.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Onion Egg Curry
- Add in onion, ginger, garlic and green chilli into a blender and blend them into a smooth paste with limited water. Heat oil in a wok and add in the blended paste.
- Cook until the onion paste is cooked well. It might take upto 10 minutes. If the mixture gets too dry then sprinkle few drops of water. When the onion cooks well add in the milk. Cook until the mixture blends well.
- Add in Garam Masala Powder, Chilli Powder and Coriander Powder. Give a quick stir and cook them again.
- Cut the hardboiled eggs and add them into the gravy.
- Close the vessel with a lid and cook until the masalas blend well. Garnish with chopped coriander and cook again.
- Serve Egg curry with chapathis