Recipe type: Side Dish | Cuisine: Indian | Yield / Serves: 2
Taste: Salty and Spicy
Prawn - 200 Grams
Pepper - 1 teaspoon
Cumin Seeds - 1 teaspoon + 1 teaspoon for tampering
Curry Leaves - fistful
Fennel Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Coconut - ¼ Cup
Turmeric Powder - 1 generous pinch
Chilli Powder - ½ teaspoon
Coriander Powder - ¾ teaspoon
Water - as required
Salt - to taste
Step by Step Photos on how to make Prawn Podimas:
- Clean and Devein the prawns. Chop them into smaller pieces if required.
- Add Coconut, Pepper, Cumin Seeds, Fennel Seeds and Curry leaves into a blender and blend them into a smooth paste. Add only minimal water.
- Heat oil in a wok. Add cumin seeds and allow them to splutter. Add in chopped onion and saute them until glossy.
- Add in curry leaves and saute them. Add in the ground paste and saute them.
- Add in Turmeric powder, Coriander Powder and Chilli powder and cook for 2 minutes. Add in the chopped prawns and give a quick stir.
- Add salt to taste. Add in ¼ cup of water and cook for 5 minutes or until the water disappears.
- Yummy Prawn Podimas is now ready to serve.
- Add only limited water while grinding the coconut paste.
- Prawns cook very easily. Do not over cook the prawns as it would get rubbery.
- While cooking prawns do not add more water as it would get more time for the water to evoparate and the prawns gets rubbery.