Surakkai Soup / BottleGourd Soup is full of nutrients. Bottle Gourd is a high fibre vegetable and is full of anti-oxidants. This soup is a good option for people who are trying to loose weight. This vegetable cools your body. While consuming this soup regularly you can see a lot a benefits on your hair and skin.
Surakkai Soup / BottleGourd Soup / Lauki soup
- 1 Medium Bottle Gourd
- 2 tablespoon butter
- ½ teaspoon Cumin
- ½ Teaspoon Pepper
- 15 Shallots
- 1 Garlic
- Coriander Leaves Fistful
- Salt to taste
- Water as needed
- Peel the bottlegourd and chop them into small pieces.
- Heat a pressure Cooker. Add in Cumin and Pepper and saute them.
- Add in small onion and garlic and saute them.
- Add in the chopped bottlegourd and coriander leaves.
- Add in 2 cups of water. Add salt to taste.
- Close the pressure cooker and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Switch off the flame allow the cooker to cool down completely.
- Open the pressure cooker. Blend the ingredietnts using a hand blender.
Step by step instructions
- Take tender Bottle Gourd. Peel the skin and chop into small pieces.
2. Chop the vegetables. Get ready with the ingredients.
3. Heat butter in a pan.
4. Add in Cumin Seeds and Black Pepper.
5. Add in Garlic
6. Add in Small Onion.
7. Add in Chopped Bottle Gourd.
8. Add in Green Chilli
9. Add in Chopped Coriander.
10. Add in salt to taste.
11. Add in required water.
12. Pressure cook for 3 whistles. Open Pressure cooker after the pressure is released.
13.Open the pressure Cooker.
14. Blend the soup using a handblender
Before using the Bottle gourd taste a small slice of it. If it tastes bitter, then discard immediately. Tender Bottle Gourd tastes great.