Mix Veg Kurma
Tomato Kurma | Thakkali Kurma
|Prep time: 10 Min||| Cook time: 20min||| Total time:30 Min|
|Recipe type: Side Dish||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 2|
|Taste: Mildly Spicy|||Source : SharmisPassions|
Tomato - 2 chopped
Onion - 1
Coriander Powder - ½ teaspoon
Coriander leaves - few strands
Water - ¼ Cup
Salt to Taste
Oil - 2 tablespoon
Cinnamon - 1 inch stick
Cardamom - 3
Cloves - 3
To grind and paste:
Coconut - ¼ Cup
Fennel Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Roasted gram dal - 3 tablespoon
Ginger - 1 inch piece
Garlic - 8 pods
Khas Khas / Poppy Seeds - 1 teaspoon
green chillis - 3 small
Water - ¼ Cup
Step by Step Photos on how to make Tomato Kurma | Thakkali Kurma:
- Take all the ingredients listed under grind and paste and grind them into a paste.
- Heat oil in a Frying Pan. Add Cinnamon, Cloves, Cardamom and saute until nice aroma comes out. Add chopped onion and saute until glossy.
- Add tomato and salt and saute them until mushy.
- Add the ground paste and water. Add Coriander powder. Keep cooking until the oil seperates in the sides of the vessel. Garnish with coriander Leaves. Tomato Kurma is now ready to serve.
- Adjust the green chillis as per your spice requirements. My green chillis were mildly spicy hence i have added 3.
- After adding the ground paste if the gravy looks very thick add ¼ cup more water. Do not make it watery.
Tomato Kurma can be served as a Side dish for Idiyappam, Appam, Puttu, and rotis.