- 8 Baby Corn
- 1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour / Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 Cup Water
- Required Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ajwain Seeds
- For Deep Frying Oil
Steam Baby Corn for 5 minutes.
Trim the edges of the baby corn chop them into smaller pieces.
Add in All purpose flour, Salt, Water, Chilli powder and Ajwain seeds into a bowl and mix them gently. The mixture must not be too watery nor too thick.
Add in the Baby corn into the batter and mix them.
Heat oil in a wok for deep frying. Add in the baby corn one by one into the hot oil and deep fry them.
Remove them from hot oil place them in an absorbant paper to remove the excess oil.
Serve them with hot chai.
- I used Whole Wheat flour.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Baby Corn Crisp Fry
- Steam the baby corn for 5 minutes. Remove them from the steamer. Trim the edges and chop into small pieces.
- Add in All purpose flour, Chilli Powder, Ajwain Seeds, water and Salt and mix them into a smooth paste. The mixture must not be to thick nor too watery.
- Heat oil in a wok for deep frying. Add in the chopped pieces one by one and deep fry them. Place them in an absorbant paper for the excess oil to be absorbed.
- Serve Baby corn Crisp fry with a hot cup of chai.